ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Supex 77 Strop-it Paddle Strop

Hellas

Blade Whisperer
A few months ago I acquired the Supex77 Strop-it and for me it is the best paddle strop one can get. Due to the current problems with orders from the UK, I ordered mine in France.

I took the "top version" because I have no intention of smearing pastes on any of the leathers. In the scope of supply of the "Top version" the belt is provided with a plate "Napped Clear" (bright vegetable tanned cowhide) and a somewhat purple shimmering plate "Napped Brown" (vegetable tanned and oiled cowhide). In addition, I have ordered a plate extra "English Bridel" (English saddle leather). All three plates have a top trigger, whereby the English Bridle for the finish still tops them. With the usable areas of the respective plates of 300 x 77 mm, the belt is on the one hand sufficiently long for comfortable stropping and above all sufficiently wide to leather a razor with the complete width.

The very best, in addition to the interchangeable plates, the plates holding with magnets are spring-loaded and one reaches thereby even with double layer tape honed razors the edge. Also half and quarter-hollow razors (taped honed) are no problem for the belt. Quite wedge I must still test more precisely.

And here are a few photos:

46F618A5-AC5A-49D5-A35A-3BD6E3FDFF96.png
EDAB9425-2609-481D-94EC-19B00CB976D6.png
145B443D-FDB2-411D-B6B1-65D44C1FE6A1.png

Furthermore, Nightdivers made some extra plates for me. They fit excellent on the Supex
from left to right: Nubuk, Bufflao, Deer, Cordovan, Yak and Goat-leather. Now, I am testing all of them with my identical Böhlerstahl Razors to see if I feel any difference.

59F69822-8F37-4484-814A-6565FCC303F1.png

Interesting, never heard of Deer, yak and goat leather for stropping
no kangaroo?

Reactions: ehv
no kangaroo?
Sure, but not for the Supex. Nightdiver made for me one as Hanging-Strop :lol Tail-Leather was ordered in Australia from Vadim who is working with an animal-protection organisation and is allowed to get harvested Tails. Will show it in due time once I have testet it.

Very nice strops, I believe there are many that bought them and all where happy (they where developed by a engineer that worked for Thiers Issard)

It's all your fault Ron. You told everyone in Holland, way back when, how great these were, from which point on containers full of these came our way.
I for one am very happy with mine.

Back