ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Twin Werk, Zwilling Werk

I am proud to see the good spirit of the season has not made you stray from your official duties of site troll. Were there two factories or just one?

My, my, aren't we a tad testy today, Jay? Well, what with it being Christmas, I'll read the contents of the website already linked in my previous post to you: "In addition to its headquarters in Solingen, ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS today has wholly-owned subsidiaries in all major industrial countries."

Here's a picture of Zwilling's HQ in Solingen:

636px-ZwillingFirmaSolingen.jpg

By the way, it's "Zwilingswerk" (and probably "Twin Works").

Festive greetings,
Robin

The older knives, cleavers and razors I have are marked Twin Works and the newer ones are marked Zwillingswerk. I was wondering why the difference. Could it be that it is due to the US importer of that time? How are they marked in Germany?

A word about the Germans;

An English couple have a child. After the birth, medical tests reveal that the child is normal, apart from the fact that it is German. This, however, should not be a problem. There is nothing to worry about. As the child grows older, it dresses in lederhosen and has a pudding bowl haircut, but all its basic functions develop normally. It can walk, eat, sleep, read and so on, but for some reason the German child never speaks. The concerned parents take it to the doctor, who reassures them that as the German child is perfectly developed in all other areas, there is nothing to worry about and that he is sure the speech faculty will eventually blossom. Years pass. The German child enters its teens, and still it is not speaking, though in all other respects it is fully functional. The German child's mother is especially distressed by this, but attempts to conceal her sadness. One day she makes the German child, who is now 17 years old and still silent, a bowl of tomato soup, and takes it through to him in the parlour where he is listening to a wind-up gramophone record player. Soon, the German child appears in the kitchen and suddenly declares, "Mother. This soup is a little tepid." The German child's mother is astonished. "All these years," she exclaims, "we assumed you could not speak. And yet all along it appears you could. Why? Why did you never say anything before?" "Because, mother," answers the German child, "up until now, everything has been satisfactory."

The German's do have a sense of humour. Similar to the story above...it's our fault that we fail to recognise it.

I happen to think his posts are both hilarious and unnervingly accurate.
It takes a man of intelligence to pull them off simultaneously.

:D :D :D :D
I love a good joke, certainly if it serves the occasion.

Robin is one of my favorite members over here. He's always honest and straightforward.

Kind regards,
Bart.

mysteryrazor said:
Very true I apologize. Robin is most helpful. I just have to learn to appreciate his humor.

Oh no he is a troll, I just wanted to call him it first!

(now thats british humour!) Bwhahahahahahaha

Robin is also one of my favourite members for the record, and yes his sense of humour takes...errrr.... a little getting used to.

Also "Tepid" hahahahahahaha

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

mysteryrazor said:
Were they two locations or just the English translation of Zwilling.
Whoever conned you into thinking "Werk" could be an English translation must be able to sell ice to Eskimos

The blades are marked Twin Works. I just typed Werk. I think it is the US importers choice as the razor coffins are marked New York and Solingen. Eskimos do not use ice now they have freezers and microwaves.

Ah..I see now:p

From wikipedia:

"Zwilling", meaning "twin", is also the German for the astrological sign Gemini

Back