ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Viku shim

efsk

Absurd hero
SU-Patron Gold
Shimming is from all times. Basically: since there are DE's, there are shims. Some were done as we do now, we find our own stuff to put in our razors, some were professionally designed and marketed.
Such as the Viku Dauer-einlage, the "Lasting Inlay". Piece of (intentionally) pitted metal, intended to creater larger blade-gap, which, according to the cheering flyer, would lead to less clogging, more efficient shaves and longer lasting blades. Invest in this, and you'll lose less money, is what they promise. Even then: classic shaving will save money!
DSC00488.JPG
DSC00489.JPG
viku-dauer-einlage.jpg
DSC00479.JPG
DSC00480.JPG

Invest in this, and you'll lose less money, is what they promise.

Yeah, yeah, nice advertising language, but I've already given up on that hope. :kaputtlachen1

It's quite unusual that even for something as insignificant as a shime, a factory has jumped in and manufactured a product for it.

I guess if it turns your Baili BR171 into a Wolfman WR1, then you'll really lose less money. :disco1

Reactions: ehv
I wonder if this thing will help with the Fendrihan razor I have. The razor is apparently very aggressive as it is. This will just morph it into a bigger monster than it already is...

Reactions: ehv
Back