ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Vintage coti combo

jeness

I bought this coti, and it will be shipped next week to me:

um7zl71k85aaqrsupxdb.jpg

qp9ak0f87h5ddrvjskug.jpg

685re9h7fz0l0rkieslq.jpg

Before the seller lapped it:
onssev0rhosmr5vsqhhr.jpg

Any ideas how it will perform on slurry and water? Its a vintage one, so I don't ask the layer. Its a nice 5x2" size, so I think it will serve me very well.

Well Thats a stone from a mine no longer open but typically the stones sold years ago had to be somewhat fast to be considered a high grade stones so I think it will be a faster stone but the seller would be the best one to ask.

The last line says Extra-Fein, which is a quality grade. The "official" german vendor still sells extra-fein and extra-extra stones. This is similar to standart(extra-fein) and selected(extra-extra). Just a little info:) . Looks very nice, by the way. I don´t think that someone can tell you the exact layer. Looks similar to some La Veinettes I´ve seen, though. If you really want to know what this stone is about, try to get in contact with belgischerbrocken.com, maybe Mr. Lindner can help you.

Regards,
Tok

Thank you, I expect it to be a fast stone, I read somewhere that the manganese lines are a sign of a fine and fast coti.

It appears the white balance on your camera is a bit off,
Is this how the stone really looks?

The photos are not mine, the seller made them. If I get the stone, than I will make some more pictures.

Old coticule grading systems usually referred to how fast the stone was, the faster the higher the grade. Old rock coticules have lines on their surface and are freakishly fast but polish very nice edges as wellwhich is why they are top of the grading list.

No my friend Nick .They havent always black lines.This is my heritage old rock vintage coticule.

No Emmanuel I did not sell it.But I am glad Jared did or I wouldn't have it! Its a little short for me but the quality is unmatched.

Emmanuel said:
danjared said:
It's okay, I have my fair share of excellent stones.

Is to late Jared.Before you had to ask me.LOL
Your friend
Emmanuel

It's okay, I know how to get it back. Unfortunately, that would involve parting with my favorite stone!

Emmanuel said:
No my friend Nick .They havent always black lines.This is my heritage old rock vintage coticule.

Thanks for the picture, this is a very pale one, the palest I've seen!

I got the stone, and it is nicer looking than on the pics :) The color is a creamy yellow, 2/3 of the stone has holographic striations, and two holographic lines running lenghtwise on the hone. I tried it only once now, but it seems fast on slurry, but I couldn't get clear water dark so far. The surface is like glass, the honing feel is a very nice draw with water, and a faint draw with water, the feedback is good even for my newbie hands :)

Back