ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Waht exactly is a hybrid Coticule?

I'm going to have to asked you to stay tuned, we're still in the middle of doing experiments. It's promising, but nothing more.
We decided not the share methods that might not work, and just reflect bad upon the abilities of Coticules in general.
The methods that are presented in the Coticule Sharpening Academy all work very well. If there are future additions to be made, it will not go unnoticed.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Youre asking about the stone not the slurry too yeah?

Bang on answer to your question in your 1st post, its like a natural combination but the transition between the 2 layers is spread between the stone, I believe there is one somewhere in the vault?

There are no hybrid Coticules.
The "Les Latneuses" layer is naturally bonded to a very weird looking sort of rock, that looks like a Coticule with some molten BBW mixed in. It behaves like a Coticule, resembling the "La Grise" layer somehow. Here's a picture, showing both sides of the same hone.
Coticule031.jpg

I thought you were referring to a mixture of Coticule and BBW slurry, which is referred to as "hybrid" slurry. A few seasoned members are currently playing around with it in the researchers lab. It's not a secret, but we're not about to make claims about something that may not work with any consistency.

Sorry about the confusion.
Bart.

Thats the 1 I was thinking of, i didnt realise it wasnt a hybrid! sorry if I added to any confusion lol

Bart said:
There are no hybrid Coticules.
The "Les Latneuses" layer is naturally bonded to a very weird looking sort of rock, that looks like a Coticule with some molten BBW mixed in. It behaves like a Coticule, resembling the "La Grise" layer somehow.

In the description of that stone you say the hybrid layer is 4-7 mm thick, that's why I asked ;) So it's just a funky rock layer.

Back