ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

What type of Coti/BBW is this?

Gunner777

I swear I can't tell which type this one is. It's a pretty fast cutter and even with water it has a feeling on steel slipping across. The color is true to the actual color. Besides the dark spots there is also a line from one end to the other down the middle of the same color. Thanks!

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

Thanks I'm just really scratching my head on this one??????? One more thing it makes a tremendous amount of slurry with very little effort.

I don't think so.

I'm more leaning towards La Veinette, but it could easily be a vintage Coticule of unknown whereabouts.

Kind regards,

Bart said:
I don't think so.

I'm more leaning towards La Veinette, but it could easily be a vintage Coticule of unknown whereabouts.

Kind regards,

I did lean that way myself (La Veinette) however I wouldnt say 100% without seeing the tell tale manganese black lines, not that they all have them of course

Best regards
Ralfson (Dr)

I started doubting it after I posted, but didn't want to back away. I didn't see the line in the lateral side that would be a giveaway :blush:

Actually the first picture shows the manganese pretty well if you look closely. They aren't really lines as much as splotches of color on the third picture. The fellow who sold it to me said it did come from Ardennes.

You need to closely inspect the side of the Blue part for faint whitish lines. The Blue of La Veneitte has those, though they escape occasionally. Such lines are very typical for La Veinette.

In this picture you can see them:
[img=1000]http://www.coticule.be/tl_files/Coticule%20Vault/Coticule012.jpg[/img]

Kind regards,
Bart.

Bart,

The line between the BBW/Coti does have a very faint line of lighter color where they join together. Also there are small white dots along the length where the lighter color is. Does that help?
Now the manganese have no thin lines rather more of a splotching at one end and a wider area going down the center unlike the very defined lines of your picture.

This picture was posted in another thread today.
It clearly shows how the side of a La Veinette looks. Those faint white lines are important to make a positive determination on sight only. But they are not always as abundantly present as we see here.
La Veinettes also have a typical feel of slight abrasiveness while used with slurry. If you put a full hollow ground razor on it, it'll make the clear sound of sharpening steel. Slurry turns gray very quickly. Even on water, there's still that same feel, only much fainter.

[img=800]http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4287/img0596n.jpg[/img]

Kind regards,
Bart.

Bart that does describe the feel, sound and fast removal of steel as well as turning the slurry gray very quickly. I saw this picture earlier and it looks very much like mine complete with small white dots and the thin lighter line. Thanks!

Back