ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Wuttig Apparatebau (Laufenburg, Baden)

Hellas

Blade Whisperer
Whether Wuttig Apparatebau from Laufenburg in Baden also built other razors than this one, is unkonwn to me. This one is a two-piece open comb, which also consists of aluminum and whose surface is greenish anodized. Altogether the razor is very light due to the material, but also of high quality.

After I had received it and it smiled at me in his green-golden robe, I asked myself: "I shall, I shall not". I just risked it, first with a Personna Platinum and later with Sputnik, Perma-Sharp, ASP and Ladas. It shaves very directly with all the blades tested. The Wuttig shaves about as directly as the R41 (v3) and is at least as thorough. However, I find the Wuttig to be more predictable than the R41, with that, unlike the R41, I have neither managed to produce a shaving burn nor to get an irritated skin after shaving.

Although I don't really like a open combs, because I always feel the teeth on the skin, this one is quite good.

Wuttig-3.jpg
Wuttig-4.jpg

Wuttig full aluminum - Wuttig metal handle, aluminum head.

Attachments

• wuttig10.JPG
    wuttig10.JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 14
  • wuttig9.JPG
    wuttig9.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 14
  • wuttig5.JPG
    wuttig5.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 10
  • wuttig6.JPG
    wuttig6.JPG