ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Yet another identification

Deckard

I'm getting into the coticule thing but know jack about all the catagories/layers.
Is there a way of identifying my two tiny bouts? Should I post pictures?
Does knowing what they are make a difference to how I use these stones or get to know how they respond? Maybe it does, please enlighten.:-/

Yes, pictures would make the identification easier. They have visual cues that help identify them. There is some difference between the strata of coticules, but most are good for finishing razors

Thanks,
Will take some shots soon.
Quite happy so far until I got my TI back from Gary.
I'm still practicing/learning the finer points of the dilucot method.
Need to up my game and hope the stones arn't the difference that make the difference.:-/

hi dek,
glad to see you joined up. upload the coticules and the side veiws as that helps identify them:thumbup:

gary

as far as i can tell you need to upload them somwhere else and link image location
use the image button beside the globe that say hyperlink

Don't know if this will work:-/ .
deckard-albums-stones-picture8849-img-0243.html

Deckard,

You need to find the actual address of the picture. In Firefox, you can right-click the image and choose "copy image location".
[raw]
deckard-albums-stones-picture8849-img-0243.jpg
[/raw]
deckard-albums-stones-picture8849-img-0243.jpg

Welcome to Coticule.be!

Bart.

Left is a La Dressante and right is a La Grise.

Both are no doubt excellent Coticules.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Bart said:
Both are no doubt excellent Coticules.

Ditto from me, and welcome mate :thumbup:

Beautiful Stones that should give you a lifetime of top notch edges

My Warmest Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Thanks guys, your expertese is impressive.

It is somewhat satifying to know what these are and fascinatung also.
I know next to nothing about the sub cats so will look these up to understand better there charachteristic.
Also good to know they will give good results, just got to learn to use them better now.:thumbup:

One question chaps.
I don't have a slury stone for the la Grise.
Am I ok to use the la dressante slury stone to generate a slury.
Am I splitting hairs thinking this much about it or would I be as well to use a DMT.
I do have a nagura stone but am unsure of the grit size or effect this could have on performance.
Sorry if this is a repeated question.

Regards
Joe

Hi Joe, you are very ok using the slurry stone that you have, you could use a DMT if you had to, but it may contaminate the slurry, I have no idea on the nagura, I would just stick with the La Dressante, its not at all unusual to have a slurry stone that came from an unknown layer, and they work just fine

Best regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Joe, don't worry. The slurrry stone you got is just fine, as is the DMT. There's absolutely no need to use a slurry stone of the same layer as the hone.

Cheers
BluDun

Back