ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

You know you have a honing bug problem when...............

tat2Ralfy

Your Mrs asks you to grate some cheese and you find yourself doing this....

Photo0239.jpg

Photo0240.jpg

Hahahahaha
Oh yeah and we got finer graters so I can get a progression going, now where did I put that Parmessan??
Hahahahaha
rofl.gif

Ralfy,

You're a genius!!

For over a year I'm searching for some way to mimic a few honing principles on a large scale, so people can actually see what's going on at the very edge.
A fine block of cheese and some graters in different "coarseness" seems to be just what we need. And we can eat the honing debris, while discussing the principles...:rolleyes:

This is just great!

:w00t:

Bart.

Its all there Bart, you can even work the cheese "bevel" where it needs to make it level, just like on a Razors edge,we have 3 graters from the standard coarse one i used on this soft Red Leicester cheese through to medium and fine for hard Italion Cheeses, I am guessing you could find a something to replicate a final polishing as we do with a coti/water?

Glad you found this a help, and i hope you can indeed use this as a way to demonstrate this remarkable craft

Back