ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Angle grinder?

i have cut both metal and stone with a cirkular saw it may not be advisable but it works(most of the time)
It would give you a more stable movement and might be possible to get fitting blades for the job too

Using a carbide blade can generate a bit of heat when cutting hard rock, and when the blade burn it likes to get stuck(probably will eat a good chunk of usable stone)

janivar123 said:
i have cut both metal and stone with a cirkular saw it may not be advisable but it works(most of the time)
It would give you a more stable movement and might be possible to get fitting blades for the job too

Using a carbide blade can generate a bit of heat when cutting hard rock, and when the blade burn it likes to get stuck(probably will eat a good chunk of usable stone)

Hi,
I can get diamond blades and related machinery of reasonable price I wonder what would work best.

A tile saw then a band saw would probably be the best bet but then theres the price...
I suspect some of the problem with the angle grinder is the lack of stabilety

but im speculating now so we better wait till someone with some destructive experience chimes in

I wouldn't use an angle grinder if I were you. Too much vibrations.
If you want an electric tool, a (water lubricated) diamond blade tile cutter I think is the best solution.
You can also do it manually with a hack saw.

I agree with Decraew.
If you are spending money on the project, a cheap tile saw using a water cooled diamond blade would be your best bet. (mine was under $100, and has served well for all the tile jobs I've done as well, and I've cut my slurry stones with it) Barring that, a bit of elbow grease and a carbide blade in a hack-saw would do better. Those blades are available at most home improvement stores in the tile section.
The one i have is much like this one:
tile_saw.jpg

Edit:
These are the other type of hack-saw blades, definately much cheaper than the wet-saw:
(I've seen them in a wider blade which would be better for cutting long, straight cuts than the rod style.)
21880_48-43-0250.jpg

Back