ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

April 25th - May 1th

Yaqi Heavy Metal Handle Timber Wolf,
Palmolive Sensitive,
RazoRock SS Lupo 95 on DSCosmetic titanium KVT handle,
Treet Dura Sharp (3),
Weleda aftershave balm.

IMG_20210428_071139.jpg

Yesterday's evening shave

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Yaqi sagrada familia pure badger
TGS tallow
Le talisman frameback
Knockout razor + treet platinum #3
Proraso alum
Humphrey's witch hazel
Nivea deep as lotion, Wilkinson hydro balm

Yesteday I cycled back. The wind direction changed a little bit so I didn't have complete tailwind. It was easier nonetheless. I was about 50 minutes faster then sunday, but power output was about the same.

@Tjebbe the colour photo's look really nice. Have a great day all!

Mühle Silvertip Fibre® 21mm,
Via Barberia Shave Soap Fructi,
Mühle R41 (2013),
Personna - Lab Blue 4th x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
Myrsol "Don Miguel 1919" After Shave.

SOTD_20210428.jpg

Brush and soap:
Mühle Silvertip Fibre® 21mm and Via Barberia Shave Soap Fructi:
Fresh and fruity lather made with the Mühle Silvertip Fibre® 21mm from the Via Barberia Shave Soap Fructi. Nice fresh citrus soap.
Blade and razor:
Used the Personna - Lab Blue for the 4th time.
The Personna - Lab Blue shaves on nicely. Mühle R41 (2013) screwed on a new Dscosmetic KVT titanium handle, gives a slightly different balance, but does not make much difference. However, the grip on the handle is better than on chrome. The Personna - Lab Blue behaved like a tame lamb in this razor. Shaved nice and smooth.
Result: BBS.
Finally: some citrus from Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, something fresh floral from Weleda Aftershave Balsam and a still for me unfathomable scent of a splash of Myrsol "Don Miguel 1919" After Shave.

J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm,
TFS Neroli Strong,
Phoenix Alpha Ecliptic Slant Ox Blod,
Personna - Lab Blue 5th x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Cien Men Hydro Care,
Pinaud-Clubman Citrus Musk Eau de Cologne.

SOTD_20210430.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm and TFS Neroli Strong:
This morning I had the opportunity to test a new brush, a J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm. This had been sent to me by Jan Zoethout to compare with some other brushes and particularly the bristle ones. The next few days I will therefore alternate between this synthete and a pig. For the kickoff the TFS Neroli Strong was on the list, a soap that I have had for a long time, such a soft soap with a wonderful citrus scent and absolutely top lather properties. Well the brush feels like a syntheet, for those who know it like a 4g Mühle and then slightly softer on the tips and similar backbone. I do like big guys and that includes this brush, 24mm, but one in a sturdy piece of wood with a nice long knot in proportion to the handle. Pleases me. Picks up the soap easily and turns it into a smooth lather, which also comes out of the brush easily on the skin. When frothing the lather on the face I was looking for that specific feeling of a sturdy pig brush, that is missing. The brush behaves like a fine synthete. In comparison, the Synbad from APShaveCo is more of a badger, than this syntheet looks like a pig. Nevertheless, this is an excellent bun, which I think can handle hard soaps just as well as a soft soap. Cream will have to be approached with some restraint otherwise you immediately have the whole jar hanging from the brush I expect, but we'll find out. The first encounter is very good and I'm going to enjoy it for the next few days. The handle also gives a nice grip, suitable for colossal heads, but my mediocre hands hold it just fine too.
Blade and razor:
Used the Personna - Lab Blue for the 5th time.
The Personna - Lab Blue still feels very good after 5x, some wear noticeable, but still plenty usable and as I expect at least from a blade, which decently reaches my 5 standard. In the Phoenix Alpha Ecliptic Slant Ox Blod I notice the cut of the Personna - Lab Blue quite noticeable. Seems like there is no mass in the combo, but I blame that on the light razor.
Result: BBS.
Finally: after the Neroli Strong, the Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Cien Men Hydro Care and Pinaud-Clubman Citrus Musk Eau de Cologne is a nice fresh choice. My start to the day was once again.

Yaqi Heavy Metal Handle Timber Wolf,
Happy Soaps Aloe Vera Shaving soap,
Paradigm 17-4,
Feather (3),
Aloe Vera Gel,
Stirling Sandalwood aftershave splash.

IMG_20210501_080625.jpg

Well... no footprint is nice, but the lather of this soap isn't.

Back