ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

August 1st - August 7th

Harkos

Simpsons LE TSN 2013 P8 Phyl #195 Best Badger,
Extro Holland-Wetshaves-Belgium soap,
Paradigm Diamondback,
Dorco Platinium ST 300 (Korea) New 5th x,
Extro Holland-Wetshavers-Belgium Edt,
Cien Men Hydro Age Q10.

SOTD_20210801.jpg

Brush and soap:
Simpsons LE TSN 2013 P8 Phyl #195 Best Badger and Extro Holland-Wetshavers-Belgium soap:
The Simpsons LE TSN 2013 P8 Phyl #195 Best Badger is a nice brush, which lathers the Extro Holland-Wetshavers-Belgium soap just fine. In the pot, I find this soap to be less intense in scent, than while lathering it up. Nice scent, which I still can't quite interpret.
Blade and razor:
Used the Dorco Platinium ST 300 (Korea) New for the 5th time.
The Dorco Platinium ST 300 (Korea) New has met my 5 standard and will do for a while. Is clearly a mid-range blade. Shaves well, but is very sensitive to the razor used and doesn't cut as nicely as a Kai, Rapira PL etc. In the Paradigm Diamondback, the Dorco Platinium ST 300 (Korea) New is doing well in any case.
Result: BBS.
Finally: some Extro Holland-Wetshavers-Belgium Edt and Cien Men Hydro Age Q10 on the skin, and I'm ready again for this somewhat gray Sunday.
A hearty breakfast at a beautiful German restaurant in a few moments!

Alexander Simpson Trafalgar T3,
De Vergulde Hand extra fris,
Henson Shaving Ti22,
Feather (1),
Bulldog aftershave balm,
Pitralon Original.

1627799595441.jpg

Well, the Simpson even made useable lather of this soap, but there is a reason it's somewhere in the back of the cabinet... it's better if this soap remains there.

SOTD 20210802.
7SlhcHC.jpg

PREP "Original Formula" pre-shave cream (pre-).
OUMO Brush resin and huanghuali wood / SHD G5 SYN knot.
Ariana&Evans "Tertius" shaving soap.
ATT S2 / Stork "Taipan" handle.
Wilkinson Sword (7).
PREP "Original Formula" pre-shave cream (after-).
Loris "So Oud" EdP.

Semogue SOC Badger Cherrywood,
Martin de Candre Original,
Gillette New,
Dorco Platinium ST 300 (Korea) New 6th x,
Abzehk Olive,
Abzehk Olive,
Loris E-085 Dior Fahrenheit.

SOTD_20210802.jpg

Brush and soap:
Semogue SOC Badger Cherrywood and Martin de Candre Original:
Using the Semogue SOC Badger Cherrywood, whipped up the Martin de Candre Original into a nice full lather. This soap is a nice one for me. Think this is a real shaving salon scent s for me. Purely fresh and not over perfumed. Can't even pinpoint what exactly it smells like, but what South French e just nice shaving soap. Then also runs the blade perfectly. Nice stuff.
Blade and razor:
The Dorco Platinium ST 300 (Korea) New used for the 6th time.
The Dorco Platinium ST 300 (Korea) New still does a nice job, but also no more. Shaves well and has been used for 6x now. In the Gillette New, the Dorco Platinium ST 300 (Korea) New does what it's supposed to do, smooth shaving. 3 rounds and done.
Result: BBS.
Finally: grooming with olive scent of Abzehk Olive edc and Abzehk Olive oil cream and then a scent on it of Loris E-085 Dior Fahrenheit. Totally back to my liking.

Rod Neep Silvertip extra dense LE 2014 #07/12 Shasoc,
D.R. Harris Sandalwood,
Mulcuto Schrägschnitt (kunststof),
Dorco Platinium ST 300 (Korea) New 7e x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün,
Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü,
Oud 24 hours.

SOTD_20210803.jpg

Cooper-Vib'Raz/BIC/MDC. The beauty of the Vib'Raz cap is that it can match with so many different plates to slightly tweak the razor geometry. The Conrad/Cooper/Barbasol NFH guard has a but more curve which increases exposure if not nearly as much as the Dart. Results rival the Gem Bullet Tip which I used for pick ups which were almost non-existent.
75bbd1678628a0a895af0d98070f1874.jpg
40b93deb0adbb16137e064ba7d060fde.jpg

Back