ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

August 4th - August 10th 2019

EC289AE1-5CDA-4BA1-A3A0-C6D57814B74E.jpeg
Today I shaved for the first time with the Spicey Lime from Mama Bears and this fragrance is more than fantastic.
Not too spicy but a nice balanced fragrance that still looks warm.

Mama Bears is one of my favourite soaps and that's not only because it's one of the easiest soaps to lather up, but also because they have nice strong scents and the foam is of excellent quality.
And a lot of glycerine so the nurturing properties are great too.

Sotd:
J&T® Marble Wood APShaveCo SynBad,
Extro Tabacco,
Rockwell Razors 6s,
Tiger Carbon 3 holes 2nd x,
Eyup Sabri Tuncer Tütün,
Mennen Baume Energisant.

SOTD_20190810.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Marble Wood APShaveCo SynBad and Extro Tabacco:
The Synbad and Extro Tabaco created a beautiful, firm foam.

Knife and razor:
The Tiger Carbon 3 holes for the 2nd x used.
The knife is a bit of a biter, but careful shaving gives a reasonable result. Tomorrow again, but that was it. The rest goes into the museum box. The 6s still provided a somewhat acceptable shave, but because of its weight just too effective with the Tiger.

Result: BBS.
Finally: Good results from the Turkish edc and Mennen took care of the somewhat tense skin to normal proportions. Another sample of Edp, of which I found the smell to fit, but don't know what it was. Ready.

The Varen is a damn fine soap and smells a lot better than its founder, thank god.

You understand that on your next visit here you can forget the biscuit with the coffee Jaco after this remark :mad:

Doesn't ANY soap smell better than him? :wink

Rocnel Sailor (Gold Ring) Gen 1 with Feather new hi-stainless blade
Yoresh Shaving Bowl
AP Shave Co SilkSmoke Red Ripple 24mm
Alvarez Gomez Barberia cream
Edt Figaro

Probably even the ones without scent do. Which is amazing considering the number of smelly products he uses per shave.

Probably even the ones without scent do. Which is amazing considering the number of smelly products he uses per shave.

:rofl I'm pretty sure that no matter what I say I will get a biscuit with the coffee should I visit him (a menthol biscuit).

For the second shave of the day:

Kai Captain Carbon Limited Edition with pro super blade
Yoresh Shaving Scuttle
Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic 26mm
Floris Nº89 Gentleman cream
I Coloniali balm

Shavemac Shaving Society LE2018/Jungle Moss/24/50/fan/Silvertip
Saponifico Varesino - Dolomiti
Archdale (s)
Voskhod (4)
Alum

The soap is a sample I was given by my moderating collegue @maranatha and has a kind of an old people smell. Shaving-properties are good, as can be expected with this brand.
Fourth shave with the Archdale razor. I started with the head in the "kamisori"-position but apart from the problem that for me, in that position, the handle is a bit too short, I also got hit by the fact that the head is differential, so I had different aggression depending on what hand I held the razor in. After the first pass I switched tactics and put the head in the "regular" position to finish the shave.

H.Herder.
Wipped dog 30mm
St James of London. Sandalwood&Bergamot.
Aluin.
Mont blanc Legend.

last shave was a while ago. but this was again a very nice one. wish you a nice weekend

Attachments

• 20190810_204807.jpg
    20190810_204807.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 11
PS: Truefitt & Hill
Soap:
Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia
Brush:
Yaqi Rubin
Bowl: Thiers Issard „Bol en corne“
Strop:
Herold Loom Strop