ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Back in the saddle...

slartibartfast

After a coticule hiatus, I finally own one again. This was just listed as "Vintage Sharpening stone hinged walnut" w/ a bin of $27 + $6 shipping so I took a chance.

Definately the smallest hone i have used. 6" x 1.25". I have not tried doing dilucot yet, but doing 50 strokes with a razor it seemed to produce a bit of slurry automatically.

It was glued into the box at one point. I think the bottom is just slate. When i take my dmt to it, it produces a brownish-yellow slurry. There is no writing on the case any where, so I am not sure what the origin of this chunk of rock is.

http://images.needfulemporium.com/index.php/Hones/6x1-25-Boxed-Coticule
IMG_1937.JPG

IMG_1936.JPG

IMG_1938.JPG

That's a pretty good deal you got! It looks rather nice. I look forward to more pictures when you get a chance.

By the way, your old Pike coticule is in good hands. Hands that you'll have to pry open when I die.

I miss that one. The one coticule I wish I would have kept, it seemed like a good idea at the time though.

btw, what type of pictures?

danjared said:
That's a pretty good deal you got! It looks rather nice. I look forward to more pictures when you get a chance.

By the way, your old Pike coticule is in good hands. Hands that you'll have to pry open when I die.

slartibartfast said:
I miss that one. The one coticule I wish I would have kept, it seemed like a good idea at the time though.

btw, what type of pictures?

danjared said:

Side and top views with good lighting and high resolution. Just the usual ones.

Back