BBW for a bathroom?

mrmaroon

Well-Known Member
I was at my parents this weekend showing off the new coti/BBW I picked up a while ago. My mom asked about the BBW and said she was going to redo the bathroom. She said she needed a neat looking stone to "accent" the others she had chosen (don't ask me to go into specifics on that, im no interior decorator).

My question is, is there a source for rough cut/low grade BBW for use as floor tiles? Is this a common practice in belgium? I was also wondering if they used the term BBW, or if I should search for a different name. If someone could get me a source on this it would be greatly appreciated. I can't wait to hone while I sit on the throne!
 

BlueDun

Well-Known Member
mrmaroon said:
I can't wait to hone while I sit on the throne!

What a picture. Sitting there with one hand wiping the blade across the wall and the other hand wiping .... ya know :D :D
 

torbenbp

Well-Known Member
You could go to "Heritage - The coticule diaries" here at coti.be

There is a picture of a house made of BBW :thumbup:
 

Bart

Well-Known Member
mrmaroon said:
My question is, is there a source for rough cut/low grade BBW for use as floor tiles? Is this a common practice in belgium? I was also wondering if they used the term BBW, or if I should search for a different name. If someone could get me a source on this it would be greatly appreciated. I can't wait to hone while I sit on the throne!
Contact Ardennes. They sell Belgian Blue building blocks. Shipment to the US will probably be outrageously expensive.
 

Smythe

Well-Known Member
You may be right torbenbp, I am sure i read somewhere Adrennes mine not only Coticules for honing but the more common slate/BBW is used in construction.

Bart may have more to say about that.

Edit: there it is... the man is as quick on the keyboard as he is on the Coutcule...
 

mrmaroon

Well-Known Member
Bart said:
Contact Ardennes. They sell Belgian Blue building blocks. Shipment to the US will probably be outrageously expensive.
Thats what I was afraid of. I will ask and see, Thanks guys.
 
Top