ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

BBW for a bathroom?

mrmaroon

I was at my parents this weekend showing off the new coti/BBW I picked up a while ago. My mom asked about the BBW and said she was going to redo the bathroom. She said she needed a neat looking stone to "accent" the others she had chosen (don't ask me to go into specifics on that, im no interior decorator).

My question is, is there a source for rough cut/low grade BBW for use as floor tiles? Is this a common practice in belgium? I was also wondering if they used the term BBW, or if I should search for a different name. If someone could get me a source on this it would be greatly appreciated. I can't wait to hone while I sit on the throne!

mrmaroon said:
I can't wait to hone while I sit on the throne!

What a picture. Sitting there with one hand wiping the blade across the wall and the other hand wiping .... ya know :D :D

You could go to "Heritage - The coticule diaries" here at coti.be

There is a picture of a house made of BBW :thumbup:

mrmaroon said:
My question is, is there a source for rough cut/low grade BBW for use as floor tiles? Is this a common practice in belgium? I was also wondering if they used the term BBW, or if I should search for a different name. If someone could get me a source on this it would be greatly appreciated. I can't wait to hone while I sit on the throne!
Contact Ardennes. They sell Belgian Blue building blocks. Shipment to the US will probably be outrageously expensive.

You may be right torbenbp, I am sure i read somewhere Adrennes mine not only Coticules for honing but the more common slate/BBW is used in construction.

Bart may have more to say about that.

Edit: there it is... the man is as quick on the keyboard as he is on the Coutcule...

Bart said:
Contact Ardennes. They sell Belgian Blue building blocks. Shipment to the US will probably be outrageously expensive.

Thats what I was afraid of. I will ask and see, Thanks guys.

Back