Bout ID help please?

I've been using my new Bout for about a month now, and have begun to really get better at honing my blades. I've been hanging around this site for a couple of months and am now curious about my hone. I've attached a few pictures of the bout and the slurry stone, and am wondering how they can be described.

Here's the Bout:

And the Slurry stone

Thanks!

Bart

The hone is almost certainly a "La Grise", the slurry stone is most likely a "La Dressante".

Welcome to Coticule.be!

Bart.

tat2Ralfy

Welcome to Coticule.be Mark
Best wishes from a fellow English Man
I am please to make your acquaintance
Ralfson (Dr)

Thank you everyone. It's nice to be welcomed and to be in the presence of smoothly-shaved geologists. Hollywood tends to portray geologists (amateur or otherwise) as a shaggy bunch, but we know the truth.

Using a Coticule appeals to my sense of history and nature, and the ironically anti-technology stance that my hobbies seem to take. The idea of using a manmade stone to maintain a 100-year old razor simply seems wrong to me.

Now that I know the layers that my Bout and Slurry Stone are from, I can search aimlessly around for information and occupy hours of time that others may describe as poorly spent. But once again, we know the truth.

Thanks,
m

Matt

Hello Mark.

I've never thought of myself as a 'smoothly-shaved geologist'. LOL :lol: :lol:

Yeah, aimless search for information is something that many are good at here. :) And we like it! :thumbup:

cheers,
Matt

Bart

MarkinLondon said:
Thank you everyone. It's nice to be welcomed and to be in the presence of smoothly-shaved geologists. Hollywood tends to portray geologists (amateur or otherwise) as a shaggy bunch, but we know the truth.

Using a Coticule appeals to my sense of history and nature, and the ironically anti-technology stance that my hobbies seem to take. The idea of using a manmade stone to maintain a 100-year old razor simply seems wrong to me.

Now that I know the layers that my Bout and Slurry Stone are from, I can search aimlessly around for information and occupy hours of time that others may describe as poorly spent. But once again, we know the truth.

Thanks,
m
Sir, I like your style. :)

tat2Ralfy

Matt said:
Hello Mark.

I've never thought of myself as a 'smoothly-shaved geologist'. LOL :lol: :lol:

Yeah, aimless search for information is something that many are good at here. :) And we like it! :thumbup:

cheers,
Matt
Hahaha I described us all in an email to Gary Haywood once as "Men without beards, staring at rocks" hahaha

My Best Regards
Ralfson (Dr)