ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Bout ID help please?

I've been using my new Bout for about a month now, and have begun to really get better at honing my blades. I've been hanging around this site for a couple of months and am now curious about my hone. I've attached a few pictures of the bout and the slurry stone, and am wondering how they can be described.

Here's the Bout:

ravmu7

9zo59x

6dipax

And the Slurry stone
69fqbo

fkvl9b

Thanks!

The hone is almost certainly a "La Grise", the slurry stone is most likely a "La Dressante".

Welcome to Coticule.be!

Bart.

Welcome to Coticule.be Mark
Best wishes from a fellow English Man
I am please to make your acquaintance
Ralfson (Dr)

Thank you everyone. It's nice to be welcomed and to be in the presence of smoothly-shaved geologists. Hollywood tends to portray geologists (amateur or otherwise) as a shaggy bunch, but we know the truth.

Using a Coticule appeals to my sense of history and nature, and the ironically anti-technology stance that my hobbies seem to take. The idea of using a manmade stone to maintain a 100-year old razor simply seems wrong to me.

Now that I know the layers that my Bout and Slurry Stone are from, I can search aimlessly around for information and occupy hours of time that others may describe as poorly spent. But once again, we know the truth.

Thanks,
m

Hello Mark.

I've never thought of myself as a 'smoothly-shaved geologist'. LOL :lol: :lol:

Yeah, aimless search for information is something that many are good at here. :) And we like it! :thumbup:

cheers,
Matt

MarkinLondon said:
Thank you everyone. It's nice to be welcomed and to be in the presence of smoothly-shaved geologists. Hollywood tends to portray geologists (amateur or otherwise) as a shaggy bunch, but we know the truth.

Using a Coticule appeals to my sense of history and nature, and the ironically anti-technology stance that my hobbies seem to take. The idea of using a manmade stone to maintain a 100-year old razor simply seems wrong to me.

Now that I know the layers that my Bout and Slurry Stone are from, I can search aimlessly around for information and occupy hours of time that others may describe as poorly spent. But once again, we know the truth.

Thanks,
m

Sir, I like your style. :)

Matt said:
Hello Mark.

I've never thought of myself as a 'smoothly-shaved geologist'. LOL :lol: :lol:

Yeah, aimless search for information is something that many are good at here. :) And we like it! :thumbup:

cheers,
Matt

Hahaha I described us all in an email to Gary Haywood once as "Men without beards, staring at rocks" hahaha

My Best Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Back