ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Cambrock Silkstone...

Rhys

Has anyone used one of these?
After buying some diamond hones the other day I lapped my silkstone last night (jeez it was hollowed)..

Silkstone.jpg

(also tentatively lapped my CF as well)

Anyway, does anyone know the relative grit size of these hones and any tips on using one? Are they a finisher and if so how do you rate them?

I had a go with mine on an old very worn Boker that I've just cleaned up, it didn't produce much slurry (had to take a bit of wet&dry to it to get some) so I rinsed it and proceeded to build up a bit of slurry from the BBW side of my combo slurry stone. I wondered if I could use the coti side as well? (ended up doing a 'dilucot' on the Boker with my LNV, even though it was as well worn as a trendy pair of 80' jeans it gave a lovely shave with no soreness)

razor-detail.jpg

fleabay strikes again.. Oops go this one a bit wrong lol (giving it away to a friend)

Sorry,dont know first thing about them but have a bit of patience and someone will most likely chime inn ;-)

Torbs

When there was one listed on the bay some time back which I didn't go for but I did find this while researching
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wIaOqeDcKs

I tried to embed it but it didn't work properly and just redirected to the Youtube homepage :confused:

Jeltz said:
When there was one listed on the bay some time back which I didn't go for but I did find this while researching
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wIaOqeDcKs

I tried to embed it but it didn't work properly and just redirected to the Youtube homepage :confused:
I fixed it for you. the only thing you need to put between the videotags is the last part of the url, the id of the video

kind regards
Stijn

Here is mine...its a smaller one, in a green tin.

Performance-wise, i think its similar to the Water Of Ayr, Scotch hone, both in feedback and finishing. Though its been awhile since i played with it.

Mac

silkstone1.jpg

Back