ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Coticule ID FAQ?

Pieface

Hi Guys,

You seem to be readily able to ID the Ardennes stones from photos. I have done a little searching on the site but can't seem to find a thread where the physical characteristics of each vein get described in some detail. Is there a resource I am missing through weak search-fu or is this something that has not been looked at yet?

I'm thinking something sort of like:

Coticule Type "X"
Stone Type: Natural Combo or Slate Backed
Typical Colouration:
Typical Inclusions:
Key indentifiers:

Or is this something that is not possible to do accurately by this method?

Cheers,
PF :)

You can start a new thread with pictures of the coticule you have and those members who know will tell you which you have. At times it's hard to tell from pictures at times.

Thanks Gunner.

I will hopefully get the pics done in the next few hours. I just thought that there might be something on the board I was missing. Seems like it would be a valuable adjunct, with the correct provisos, to the information in the vault.

Pieface your not blind. Posting it this way will get you more information and a positive ID for sure. Many members will tell you the experiences they have had with the same type you have etc.

Back