ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Coticule ID

jasp

Hey guys,

just received a coticule I ordered, I'm not that good with matching up coticules with the ones in the vault.
So I'll put in this request to ID this coticule
One annoyance is that it has a crack which is visible on the side which runs through on the surface of the coticule, where I can feel with my fingertip that it is cracked, I can feel my finger 'catching' on it. I did shoot a message back to the store where I got it from and am awaiting reply.

thx in advance and kindest regards,
Jasper
IMG_0367.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

I tried to take a pic of the crack, from certain angles I can see "into" the crack :-/
crack2.png

http://www.coticule.be/faq-reader/items/how-can-i-repair-a-coticule.html should help you if they don't want to replace the stone. Greets Ron

I would be surprised if it were a la petite blanche. They are normally natural combinations, and have a characteristic blue line on the lateral side... I'm not sure what it is, but I'm pretty confident saying it's not a LPB.

It's just a guess, but I say it might be a La Dressante. I'm sure Bart will be along shortly and he's the expert on these matters.

Paul, I agree.
I only had a quick look on my pad and misperceived it as a natural combo, which of course it is not.
The combo combined with a reddish blush pointed me towards LPB.
Without the combo factor I would also consider La Dressante more likely.

Cheers
BlueDun

Considering the color, the thickness, and that it isn't a combination stone, I would guess La Dressante too.

not got a clue on the layer, but I can tell you how to fix that crack if needs be :thumbup:

Best regards
Ralfson (Dr)

thx for the feedback guys
the repair won't be necessary, I got a phone call from the store and talked about it and they're sending over a new coticule and I'll be sending this one back to them :thumbup:

Back