ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Dec. 22th - Dec. 28th 2019

UnShaven

Razor: Occam's Razor Mild Plate
Blade: Voskhod
Pre-Shave: None
Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger
Soap: Beecosmetics Anise & Cedrus
Brush: AP Shave Co Silksmoke Blach Handle
Aftershave:Kruidvat Alum
Aftershave: Cien Aftershave
Aftershave: Cien After Shave Balsem
EDT: No. 1

RazoRock 400,
TFS Sottozero Forte on ice,
HomelikeShaving START 1.18,
Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus (1),
Bruno Banani Dangerous Man on ice.

IMG_20191222_102144.jpg

Final shave with the START, it's a nice razor but I won't be running to the shop.
It's too much in the same league as other razors in my den. If I wouldn't have the Rockwell, the Game Changers, Paradigms and Karve I would have been excited, it's a nice razor, specially for the prize!

Have a nice Sunday!

C9E581DE-8250-47B4-B51D-0C4F02EC4AC2.jpeg
Robert Klaas 22
Edwin Jagger preshave
1912 Shamrock Tweed shaving soap
Shavemac 24 mm silvertip D02 / Maggard badger / boar brush
Brut AS

This was the second time I used the preshave. Can’t remember when was the last time, but if that would have been succesful, I suppose I would have used it more often.
Not shure if I can blame it on the preshave, but when applying the soap on my wet face, the foam was gone immediatly. I rinsed my face thoroughly after the preshave.
Anyway, after rinsing the face again I finished the shave with another brush and a new load of the shaving soap and now it went well. The razor is great.

Enjoy this sunday!

55A78B9F-5434-4CF9-8FB2-F20BF31F7BBF.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Prep cream
Shaving Soap: Mama Bears Sleigh Ride + Menthol :weihnachten1

After Shave: Joop
Eau de Toilette: Joop

Shaving Brush: Proraso

DE-Razor: Paradigm Diamondback
DE- Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus 1x

A sleigh ride during the Christmas period and then return to the chalet where the smell of orange, apples and cloves will meet you.

Hot cup of chocolate milk with rum and dreaming away by the wood stove what a deliciousness. :bier1

The Paradigm today for the 10 times with my favorite blade the Gillette Rubie Plus inserted and it is a delicious shaving razor.

Tomorrow compared to the 17-4 in combination with the Rubie blade I am very curious what the difference in shaving experience will be. :confused

IMG_20191105_121200 (1).jpg

• Razorock Gamechanger .84p
  • Rapira Platinum Lux (6)
  • DSC 30mm Tuxedo
  • Mama Bear - Sandelwood Rose
  • Loris - Luxe Oud
The Rapira has had it, before the next shave I will discard it, 3 rounds, still not smooth.
The soap is very nice, its a close match to the soap @The King let me smell, like roses, but the complete package, very much sticking your nose in a complete rosebush, very nice!
The wood is what is left after the roses slide to the background, it matches the Luxe Oud very nicely, still it makes me consider to hunt for a nice rose AS or EdT.

Paladin Buck Rogers 26mm 2CSNL3 fan, Cobalt
Abbate Y La Mantia - Vegano
Speed (s)
Rapira - Platinum Lux (1)
Alum

Not pleasant.

Razor: Occam's Razor Mild Plate
Blade: Voskhod
Pre-Shave: None
Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger
Soap: Beecosmetics Anise & Cedrus
Brush: AP Shave Co Silksmoke Blach Handle
Aftershave:Kruidvat Alum
Aftershave: Cien Aftershave
Aftershave: Cien After Shave Balsem
EDT: No. 1

11D0CC8C-4A27-4441-85A2-C4ADD858F4BC.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Housmade Spruce oli
Shaving Soap: Razor Master Ari

After Shave: Joop
Eau de Toilette: Joop

Shaving Brush: Shavemac 24 mm. Fan Silvertip Badger 2 bander

DE-Razor: Paradigm 17-4
DE- Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus 2x

Today's comparison between the Diamondback and the 17-4 and the first impression is that the scrapers have an almost equal comfort feeling but that the 17-4 is more efficient.

261262AC-0F76-49CD-B4C7-90394FAE0D25.jpeg
AP Shave Co Synbad 24mm
Catie’s Bubbles - Purple Grapefruit
Timeless 0,95 Smooth
Lord Platinum Class (1)
Humprey’s Astringent
Myrsol Aqua Balsamica + Emulsion

This blade will not come to a seccond shave. Today’s one felt a bit rough. Still the result was acceptable. Have a good day!

Not shaved since my birthday, so yesterday so shortly before Christmas when all the work was done, I treated myself to a wonderful shave. Cyril R Salter wild rose came to me in my brush, a wonderful rose scent. Then grabbed a Koraat from the shaving cabinet and go with that banana.

Nib extra dens Silvertip.
Koraat barbernotch 8/8
Cyril Salter wild rose.
alum.
Bleu de Chanel.
great shave.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Back