ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Denali

efsk

Absurd hero
SU-Patron Gold
Besides Yaqi, Pearl, Rex there was another brand that made a modern take on Gibbs adjustables: Denali. An edition of 100 pieces, it was hard to get in Europe, until it was found in an Italian webshop. Bought it, and then it was out of stock, so I was just in time.
Very well finished and produced, whis razor looks and feels great. No fabrication marks whatsoever, until you disassemble the razor completely: the bottom of the adjusting bridge has not been polished, however this is something you won't see during use. Purely from look and feel I like it better than the Rex Ambassador, will have to find out how it shaves however.
DSC06854.JPG
DSC06855.JPG
DSC06856.JPG
DSC06857.JPG
DSC06858.JPG
DSC06859.JPG
DSC06861.JPG
DSC06862.JPG
DSC06863.JPG
DSC06864.JPG
DSC06866.JPG
DSC06867.JPG
DSC06868.JPG
DSC06869.JPG
DSC06870.JPG
DSC06871.JPG
DSC06872.JPG

I also had a Denali and sold it - for me it had very clear drag on the skin even as nice as it is. I also had a Wolfman which quickly went too. For me, too, modern razors have less appeal.

Now I have a Rex Konsul as my only modern razor and I like that better. Love the design and it is very mild on low settings which is right up my preferred shaving alley. So for now it stays, even if (apparently) it is a general trait for me that modern stainless razors are draggy on my skin - quite the opposite to wonderful old nickel plated Gillettes. Morning Tech shave coming up - YEAH :D

I also had a Denali and sold it - for me it had very clear drag on the skin even as nice as it is. I also had a Wolfman which quickly went too. For me, too, modern razors have less appeal.

Now I have a Rex Konsul as my only modern razor and I like that better. Love the design and it is very mild on low settings which is right up my preferred shaving alley. So for now it stays, even if (apparently) it is a general trait for me that modern stainless razors are draggy on my skin - quite the opposite to wonderful old nickel plated Gillettes. Morning Tech shave coming up - YEAH :D
I've tried many modern razors like Wolfman, CG, Smart Helix, Seygus, H&S, Paradigm, Tatara, Carbon,Rocnel and many more. but the only two modern razors I considered seriously to keep were SE razors, Cobra Classic and Paradigm SE. No modern DE razors appealed to me.

Reactions: ehv
Back