ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Dilocut

tat2Ralfy

I would just like to this share with the group

I have been having such great results with the dilocut method, its getting to be easy enough that its now a real real pleasure, but its still involved enough to be a challenge every time and the shaves are just the best:thumbup:

I must admit to thinking to myself why bother when the unicot works so well? all I can say is that if you have reached the stage were you can get a good finish every time using the unicot method you have just got to try switching to the Dilocut, I am now working through my rotation and re-honing every one with the dilocut method I enjoy the honing and the shaves it gives so much :thumbup:

So top Banana boys, and thank you Sir Bart and everyone here who has helped to open up this superb method.

which edge are you prefering ralfy dilucot or unicot or both.

I like both but i just prefer the idea of traditional single bevel why i just do.

The Dilocut edges have the err edge (lol) for me, I dont know why and maybe its all in my head? I remember you saying that it was your fave and I didnt understand at the time, but I do know its just better somehow? could be that its more satisfying dunno really mate lol

I only have 6 razors, but I have to try the dilocut method on at least one of them to compare. I will keep you posted when I do.

SHAVE ON!

JF

tat2Ralfy said:
The Dilocut edges have the err edge (lol) for me, I dont know why and maybe its all in my head? I remember you saying that it was your fave and I didnt understand at the time, but I do know its just better somehow? could be that its more satisfying dunno really mate lol

with unicot it is very easy to hit the keeness level with dilucot it takes thaat bit more exsperiance an d practice i'd say. once any one has masterd unicot i'm sure they will move on to dilucot.

jfdupuis said:
I only have 6 razors, but I have to try the dilocut method on at least one of them to compare. I will keep you posted when I do.

SHAVE ON!

JF

Awesome, if at 1st you dont succeed try again its well worth it, the experience and level of feedback awareness you achieve mastering it are outstanding

SHAVE ON! hahaha

You're correct Ralfy regarding the Dilucot method it is great, :w00t:

I just finished using the Dilucot method on an eBay special, picture will follow. It is a 5/8 full hollow with great looking scales. It does take a lot of work and, in my opinion, you have to keep a slight pressure in the dilute step and a light pressure, I mean light, when you're finishing with just water. In addition, one needs to keep his focus in the last 100 laps, as I was loosing focus because of the repetition. But the final result was great, it popped hair with ease and the shave was smooth. It was a zen moment.

Love it

Al

Back