ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Double Dragon?

Matt

Anyone heard of such a species?

Googling gave no results whatsoever, I wonder if this is a fake Solingen blade? I can't find this on this razor makers list, where I always managed to identify some vintage blades. However, it's quite detailed work, the 3[sup]rd[/sup] pin, the inlay, (looking-like-original box) although there's no maker's mark on the back which is dubious.

Looks as if there was no spine wear, the only less than minor flaw is this dark spot near the decoration. What do you think, gentlemen, worth bidding?

Are you with me, Maro? :)

kind regards,
Matt

---------

DD-1.jpg

DD-2.jpg

Cant find anything about it either...Looks fine though, so it might be worth a bid or two;)

Torbs

This one’s a mystery… the only "hint" I can find is a similar etching on this razor.
HelpdeskFrontendDownload.php

Could it have been manufactured by FLIC? …We many never know.

That Flic looks familiar...

Jesting aside, yes, I would absolutely bid for that razor. Three pins, old coffin - much too much work for a forger. Looks like a really nice blade.

Matt said:
Are you with me, Maro? :)
I'm with you. :rolleyes:
Go ahead and let me know your encrypted name. :thumbup:
I'll take over if you drop out (assuming the price will be reasonable for me).

Its a dog dont bid!!!
now HTF can I find that on Egay Poland??? Bwhahahaha :w00t:

Looks like the real deal to me chaps, I would buy it if it didnt cost the earth, as said from Robin, 3 pins, good etch, etc. etc. and those scales look like vintage celluloid as far as I can see :thumbup:

I do know that at one time a lot of good quality razors went out with only "Soligen" as a makers mark, some had additional details by way of etching with a company name etc which looks to be the case here.

Smythe:

Oh man, etched and shoulderless blade... That makes me drool... :love:

Maro, my friend, I usually snipe a the very last moment, to avoid unnecessary bidding wars. But I like killer quality/price ratio, so if this goes beyond three digits, I'm most likely to quit it. :)

best regards,
Matt

BeBerlin said:
That Flic looks familiar...

Jesting aside, yes, I would absolutely bid for that razor. Three pins, old coffin - much too much work for a forger. Looks like a really nice blade.

OOps... :rolleyes:

Matt said:
Smythe:

Oh man, etched and shoulderless blade... That makes me drool... :love:

Maro, my friend, I usually snipe a the very last moment, to avoid unnecessary bidding wars. But I like killer quality/price ratio, so if this goes beyond three digits, I'm most likely to quit it. :)

best regards,
Matt
Unfortunately it's not my razor...

I would say go for it... Etching, Gold-wash, branded 3 pin scales, original box and made in Solingen... that says "collection" all over it (but don't go overboard for any razor).

But if you win it, that spot will be most difficult to remove without also removing the gold... i would leave it as-is... hone it and enjoy the shave.

Matt said:
I'd say you're not alone applying this tactics. :)
I hope you didn't mean €€€? :scared: ;)
Smythe said:
But if you win it, that spot will be most difficult to remove without also removing the gold... i would leave it as-is... hone it and enjoy the shave.
The spot can be anything, from a grain of dirt to the bulb of corrosion eating into the other side of the blade. I'll ask the seller what is it.

maro said:
The seller claims it's a spot of rust but only on the surface.
Yeah, well, whatever. Get it over with. I'd pay up to €50 for that razor in its current state. Even if that is pitting, you will still have enough razor left to serve you a lifetime. It looks nice, it's vintage Solingen - go get it.

Good luck with the bidding....Go go go:thumbup:

It will be interresting to see what the price tag says...

Torbs

Now, after all the posts I feel kinda compelled to get it, haha :lol:

We'll see how it goes, it's 11 days from now until bidding ends.

cheers,
Matt

Back