ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Eclipse Red Ring

I'm very much the same Jake, I have a silver one with red ring and logo in the Bakelite box. I truly love the look of it. I don't find mine aggressive but the shave it not amazing and I tend to reach for my more modern (heavier) razors. Very glad to have it nonetheless.

And although the magnet at the bottom of the handle seemed to be consistent, the red ring and the embossing on the head seemed to fluctuate with some marketing (or technical) variables.

My experience is also that, despite the cool factor of the design -- that the shave is sub-par and quite aggressive. Those who rave about the great shave they've experienced with the razor must be biased due the high price they likely paid for the set. But as with all these subjective experiences, YMMV.

Nonetheless, I prize my Eclipse razors and am glad to have them in my collection.

I read somewhere that the embossing on the top came with later models and the original ones did not have it on the cap. I never read where some did not have the red ring, which pleases me because so many times I have been tempted to pull out my red model paint to "correct mine".

The shave I enjoy mostly because I like to fool around with the adjustment and dial in what I feel like for the night's shave. I do quite understand the part about greatness of the shaves having a correlation to the price you paid for the razor or how hard it was to find one. The two that immediately come to mind are the Gillette Tech Hybrid (which is not significantly better than a FB), and the New RFB (which I prefer the New De Luxe to).

Hi guys, good to meet you all. I am new here but wanted to join the fun. Here’s my beloved Eclipse. She’s in great shape, only sadly missing the top cap sunburst engraving.

D9E37E4D-53F4-43F6-B968-7A66D0807C76.jpeg

Hi guys, good to meet you all. I am new here but wanted to join the fun. Here’s my beloved Eclipse. She’s in great shape, only sadly missing the top cap sunburst engraving.

Welcome to the universe. At least the relative universe. The more hard core users seem to be here. With the most rate and highly esteemed gear. All to develop a refined and open discussion. Among friends.

Welcome to the universe. At least the relative universe. The more hard core users seem to be here. With the most rate and highly esteemed gear. All to develop a refined and open discussion. Among friends.
Oh, and great looking Eclipse also! Thanks for posting.

Yet another very nice specimen! Nice to see the bottompart of the handle of one as well. Do they all have a red magnet? O, and cool blade next to it :)
Nice to see you here, hop you'll enjoy it!

Yet another very nice specimen! Nice to see the bottompart of the handle of one as well. Do they all have a red magnet? O, and cool blade next to it :)
Nice to see you here, hop you'll enjoy it!
Not seen the red magnet before,but I suppose that might be the bit that wears off the quickest as well.

Back