ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Gary Shaves Mr Liam!

tat2Ralfy

Well-Known Member
We had a great time over at Gary's Barbershop the other day, for those who dont know Gary really is a top chap :thumbup:
We honed a couple of razors, and even set a bevel on a Coticule that was sent to Gary because the owner didnt believe that it could be done, unknown to me at the time Gary dulled the edge by dragging it over glass about 5 times! still a little less than 15min later I still had it mowing down arm hair with ease!

Anyway heres a little video I threw together of Sir Gary doing his stuff, Mr Liam had more of a light beard than heavy stubble, but Gary made short work of it, I hope you enjoy:

Believe it or not I dont know how to embed a video...lol

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
 

Bart

Well-Known Member
where's the largest font size...

[big]A B S O L U T E L Y
F A B U L O U S !!!
[/big]

Thanks you so much for doing this guys,

Bart.
 

wdwrx

Well-Known Member
Great video!:thumbup:
The sound track rocks! (credits? so I can download it, I'm always on the look out for new music))
Gary is surely "The Master of the Execution"!
 

DJKELLY

Well-Known Member
Great hands Gary!!! Was that your art work, Ralphy. Gorgeous. Wish there was a full face shot of my pal, Gary. Extra credit you sick, twisted freak.:thumbup: Denny
 

altshaver

Well-Known Member
I liked the video a lot. What was the equipment used?

Kind of off topic - Does hair grow from skin that has been tattooed? In other words, does the process of tattooing damage hair follicles?
 

urmas

Well-Known Member
Gary and Ralfy,

Thank you very much! Nice video.
Please give my greetings to Liam too.

Best regards,
Urmas
 

tat2Ralfy

Well-Known Member
Thank you so much guys, it was a real pleasure.

wdwrx said:
Great video!:thumbup:
The sound track rocks! (credits? so I can download it, I'm always on the look out for new music))
Gary is surely "The Master of the Execution"!

Its the Fun Loving Criminals, taken form the album "come find yourself"

DJKELLY said:
Great hands Gary!!! Was that your art work, Ralphy. Gorgeous. Wish there was a full face shot of my pal, Gary. Extra credit you sick, twisted freak.:thumbup: Denny

SANY0004.jpg

altshaver said:
I liked the video a lot. What was the equipment used?

Kind of off topic - Does hair grow from skin that has been tattooed? In other words, does the process of tattooing damage hair follicles?

I used my little Sanyo Xacti vpc-c6e digital movie camera, and then windows movie maker for the edit

Yes hair does grow from Tattooed skin, unless the Tattooist is less than an expert and causes scarring which can indeed damage hair follicles

Best Regards and Thanks again
Ralfson (Dr)
 

DJKELLY

Well-Known Member
Thanks, Ralphy, for the shot of Gary. I can't believe it but he looks much like I thought of him. What a pro. I take it that is your chrome dome in the chair. You still didn't say if Liam's tats are your work. That was really, really cool all the way around. How far did you have to go to get to Sneiton? OK, I'll quit rambling. Later, you STF, Denny
 

tat2Ralfy

Well-Known Member
Alas that is not my good self in the chair, I am younger slimmer and far better looking...lol
well slimmer anyway hahaha

I dont know about Mr Liam, I keep trying to steer him in the ways of the jedi, but he wanders back to hair trimmers once a week

Thanks again guys, oh and Denny you will find a mugshot or to of my good self in the "now then you guys" thread

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)
 

tat2Ralfy

Well-Known Member
garyhaywood said:
great video, thanxs for putting that together ralfy.:thumbup:

gary

The pleasure is all mine mate, it was very nice to meet up, hows fester doing btw? hahaha

we must do it again sometime, and this time we could do some serious honing, video it, and send it to your Russian buddy, he would say we used camera tricks! hahaha

Best wishes mate
Ralfy
 

danjared

Well-Known Member
tat2Ralfy said:
We honed a couple of razors, and even set a bevel on a Coticule that was sent to Gary because the owner didnt believe that it could be done, unknown to me at the time Gary dulled the edge by dragging it over glass about 5 times! still a little less than 15min later I still had it mowing down arm hair with ease!

tat2Ralfy said:
we must do it again sometime, and this time we could do some serious honing, video it, and send it to your Russian buddy, he would say we used camera tricks! hahaha

I'd been wondering about that. :rolleyes:

By the way, once again, thank you guys for the video. I learned quite a bit from it. I think I've learned more about technique from what people have said about Gary's technique (or Gary talking about technique) than anyone else.
 

Bart

Well-Known Member
My Pal Kris, who had a shave performed by Gary during the Coticule weekend, told me that shave literally changed his life. He was already exclusively shaving with a straight razor for about 3 years, but still Gary's technique was quite an epiphany to him (and to me as well). What the video may not show so clearly is that Gary barely touches the skin with the razor, that's how lightly he wields the blade. I personally think it's important to keep the razor is motion with that technique, but I would like to hear the masters own voice on that. Gary?

Kind regards,
Bart.
 

danjared

Well-Known Member
I agree with Bart. I want to hear more from Gary about that. Also, I'd love to see a video of Gary shaving himself just to get a better idea of how it differs from shaving another person.
 
Top