ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Gillette Psycho

efsk

Absurd hero
In the line of prisonrazors, the best known is probably the Gillette Psycho. Basically, a Tech with a fat, hollow handle, only openable with a key. As the razors were sold in boxes of ten razors and one key, most that are around do not have one.
The reason they need a key is that the inmates, or in the case of mental institutions the patients, could not get their hands on the blade. As mine did not have one, I made one of an allenscrew, two nuts and a drop of superglue. Ugly, but functional. As I still hope to find a complete set of 10 at an affordable price some day, I decided not to get the Razor Emporium replica key.
Shave: reasonably mild, as can be expected of a Tech.
DSC05053.JPG DSC05054.JPG DSC05055.JPG DSC05056.JPG DSC05057.JPG

gvw755

Great looking key! So now you and I have keys we could have made from parts in the prison machine shop for our respective prison razors. Of course you and I will be removing the blade not for nefarious reasons, but to put in our favorite blades to shave with. :kaputtlachen1

efsk

Absurd hero
I just improved it by making it as ugly as the one a French bloke is selling on ebay: replace one of the nuts with a wingnut. Where yesterday I went to the hardwarestore and weighed one screw and two nuts, for two barcodes totalling 34 cents, I today weighed one screw, one nut and one wingnut, for a total of three barcodes and 49 cents. I did not use the selfservice register, and my little purchase looked kind of lost in the mandatory, huge, cart.

Clouds

Psycho Key copy.jpg
This was one of my "Lockdown" projects.

I have an original key with mine but its always kewl to use something that you made yourself. This was a "mistake" Gibbs handle that I turned down to fit inside the handle and inserted the hex-head bolt.

I didn't have a stainless steel one, so just used one that I had. At some point I may change it..​

benedetto

My Gillette Psycho...​

After a lot of research I was able to find and buy this razor from a Spaniard who sold all the razors inside the original box individually .. it was a bit difficult to convince him to get me 1 razor the key and the original packaging ...:happy

CEjwm7x.jpg

0je4FoB.jpg
AR5uJn0.jpg

cbUhsBL.jpg

AwDrTi3.jpg