ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Griffs

efsk

Absurd hero
SU-Patron Gold
The below text I wrote on our German sistersite the 18th of may, 2018. Pics are from that same period:

The French "Griff's" is a foldable, open tooth comb SE with its own model blade. Folding it opens the razor so that the blade can be replaced, opening it will hold the blade firmly in place. The blade is NOS, and sticks well into its greaseproof paper, so I did not unpack it further.
The same razor plane is also available under the brand JAK. Recent I got NOS blades of this brand, and shaved with one of them. The teeth stick far ahead of the blade, which means the razor should be held very flat against the face. The guidance is great as long as it goes from top to bottom. Left->right or down->up is difficult, not the best shaving plane, here amplified because of the hundred years old blade.
At the second shave I tried to work with an old blade sharpener, but it was not a big success.
DSC09755.JPG
DSC09756.JPG
DSC09757.JPG
DSC09758.JPG
DSC09759.JPG
DSC09760.JPG
DSC09761.JPG
DSC09762.JPG
DSC09763.JPG
DSC09764.JPG
DSC09766.JPG

Unique performance and beautifully polished but I notice some reluctance when I would have to shave with this.:eek:

It is a slanted, SE variation on the Bigelow-Parkin, come to think of it. No idea which came first or if the makers knew each others razors ...

Back