ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Help needed Chaps

In that case you got talent Ralfy.

Ohh sorry about messing up your thread! Yesterday I was ready to throw all my razors in the bin heheh...Didnt though.. `

But anyway..the next time give the acetone a try, it was really easy.

Once again, great job my friend! Hope to see more pictures soon:thumbup:

regards gents

Here is the result of my attempt of trasferring the inlay. Its not as good as yours Ralfy,its not countersunk but just glued to the scale using CA. The position was not as precise as I would have liked but the CA dried up before it was at excatly the right spot;)

The last picture is of yesterdays misadventure...

Ray
Is this the same type of wood as in your post?
By coinsidence I know a guy from Island,he works at a kitchen table factory and he promised me all the wenge, bubinga and jatoba (brazilian cherry) I would like ;-) They use the wood for the tables and any waste material is free for the picking.

24037_1375338776474_1021973112_1126634_3633356_n.jpg

regards gents

Torben,
Inlay still looks good to me. The Wenge you have is cut across the grain another 90 deg. Makes a huge difference on the appearance doesn't it? Both of these look well done, keep at it.

Ray

The Wenge you have is cut across the grain another 90 deg. Makes a huge difference on the appearance doesn't it?

Ahhh thats why the appearance is so different..hmmm would never have guessed that. Thanks Ray:thumbup:

regards gents

Oh yeah...its scrap indeed! The blade is completely off center and hits the scales. The wedge is useless. So it will be dismantled as soon as possible.

So will give it another try when some wood (and pins etc) magically appears :p

Thanks anyway Ralfy:thumbup:

torbenbp said:
Oh yeah...its scrap indeed! The blade is completely off center and hits the scales. The wedge is useless. So it will be dismantled as soon as possible

Oh well its all a learning curve eh? I wonder what it will smell like when they burn? ... lol

Back