ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Henckels Friodur

Salmo

Rested on the forum..... i have not rasted :)

meretezIMG_5066.jpg

meretezIMG_5067.jpg

meretezIMG_5081.jpg

meretezIMG_5084.jpg

Blade: Henckels friodur 7/8
Scale : Water buffalo horn wax coat+ red fiber CA coat

wedge : white plastic

salmo trutta m. fario

Although I'm not a big fan of this kind of 'fat' scales, the red coating on the black horn with white wedge makes it look real classy.

I was considering something like this on a pair of horn scales too, maybe with very thin brass. Or maybe not, since it might be too much on an older wedge.

The scales go well with that blade. The workmanship looks very good and the scales are very like, in shape, to a few of the Sheffields'-1850's and later. I believe that man has been customizing razors since time immemorial. Every new material is found on razors and so it goes.
repectfully
~Richard

Let me tell you, these red liners against black scales totally kick ass! :thumbup: I like that rescale very much. Only the wedge doesn't look too wedgy, or my eyes play tricks on me? The only thing I would like to see is more gloss on the scales.

good photos :)

Edit: oh yes, the scales are on rather more massive side, I hope the blade balances them well, 'cause it can't be seen on the pictures?

cheers,
Matt

Hi,

Nice contrasts and well balanced shape of scales (according to blade shape).
imho...

Regards,
Urmas

Back