ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Hennes makeover

torbenbp

Gents..no funny stuff this time:)

This is a restore of a Hennes (Peter Hennes) Haan Solingen.

The blade could need some more polishing but I dont want to loose that pretty etching,so this must do.

Scales are made of oiled mahogany. The wedge is from another razor and fitted to this one.
Actually the scales went on fire - they were oiled- as the Dremel was used to fit the plastic wedge, too high RPM`s caused the plastic to catch fire and then the scales ;-)

respones would be very welcome and I`dd be sure to be offended by any harsh words(Matt):lol:

Regards gents.
27168_1363713645853_1021973112_1091707_6150390_n.jpg

27168_1363713685854_1021973112_1091708_7406599_n.jpg

27168_1363716325920_1021973112_1091711_8246890_n.jpg

27168_1363716725930_1021973112_1091712_6641378_n.jpg

Looks like a very fine job, Torben.

Personally, using Mahogany, I would fill the pores before finishing it. Mahogany's beauty and depth really stands out when you apply a grain filler fist. Of course, it's all a matter of taste.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Now this I like :thumbup:
looks quite chunky in a nice and solid kind of way
how did you find the wood took the oil Torben?

Chunky Sir Ralfy? erhhmm its actually slimmer than the original scales..
As for the oil...it seem to soak up all you give it! Guess a filler would be better but yet I have no experince with that..next time!

regards gents

torbenbp said:
Chunky Sir Ralfy? erhhmm its actually slimmer than the original scales..
I meant with the rounded ends and the bullseyes, I like it :thumbup:
I like it a lot :thumbup: :thumbup:

Looking good man. like this on too... love the pin-work. This is good inspiration... one of these days I will start working in wood.

Mmmm, beautiful piece of equipment! :thumbup: The pinning is really something with character. And a fabulous razor, too! Indeed, scales are probably slimmer than the original ones and I actually think that they knew what they did. :D IMO they lack just a little balance with this wide blade, if the scales were a tad wider at the point area, it'd be perfect IMO. Just 3mm maybe would be enough. But as we know it's all a matter of personal taste. :)

It's just me, meet the perfectionist. :)

regards,
Matt

PS. And the wedge! It's perfect and so stylish!

Matis..What I was trying to say, was that the scales are slightly _thinner_ than the originals :) The shape was copied off the original. Pardon my lousy english.

I think its was a cheap razor, the scales were pretty cheap looking but it shaves very well indeed.

regards gents

Hahaha
A Dane and Polish fellow talking to each other in English
Its little wonder that things can sometimes be not understanding yes?

Edit: that really is a good looking Razor

Hahaha..we cant all have the good luck of being born in english speaking countries :lol:
Guess Matt have to learn some danish...in fact you all should!

ønsker alle d`herrer en god dag.
Torben

torbenbp said:
Hahaha..we cant all have the good luck of being born in english speaking countries :lol:
Guess Matt have to learn some danish...in fact you all should!

ønsker alle d`herrer en god dag.
Torben

It just sounds like the Flemish dialect I speak when home.

Nog ne goiendag, Torben.:)

Bart.

Back