ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

ID: La Dressante au Bleu or La Veinette?

Thanks in advance guys...

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

I answered in your thread on Badger and Blade.
It looks like a La Dressante au Bleu to me.

Kind regards,
Bart

The abundant prescence of holographic diagonal lines on the surface and the slight shades of orange. La Veinette is generally very uniform in color (albeit the hybrid La Veinettes as of late escape this tendency, but these are a special and unique case), with no holographic pattern. If La Veiinette is figured, it's with manganese lines.

I also don't see the tell-tale white lines in the side of the BBW, which would be pointing int the direction of La Veinette. I'm not saying that they show up at every single La Veinnette, but if we consider the sum of all the visual markers on this stone, I'd say that it is a La Dressante au Bleu.

Of course, I've been overruled by reality before. Without holding the hone and trying it, it's never à certainty.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Even with your explanations it's still difficult for me to see any difference:confused:
except for the diagonal lines:lol:

Definitely, I have a lot of things to learn

Best Regards

Laurent

Some layers can really be very confusing to indentify. Normally La Dressante au Bleu and La Veinette differ enough to distinguish between them. But La Veinnette can vary to look almost like a La Dressante and vice versa. After all, they're all Coticules.

Maurice Celis usually knows the whereabouts of a Coticule. He is able to hold the stone in his hands, and more importantly,.he has a good idea which part of the quarry the raw rock came from. We.can noy go by a picture.

Kind regards,
Bart

Back