ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Jan. 19th 2020 - Jan. 25th 2020

DC95FF33-007A-48F1-BE46-83F08120412C.jpeg
AP Shave Co Synbad 30mm
Saponificio Varesino - Opuntia
Tatara Nodachi
Lord Super Stainless (2)
Humprey’s Astringent
Myrsol Don Carlos 1972 + Emulsion

Razor: Timeless Ti 0.95 OC
Blade: Hema (2)
Pre-Shave: None
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: KEPKINH Vanilla
Brush: AP Shave Co 30 mm Silksmoke Winter handle
Aftershave: Di Barba Alum
Aftershave: None
Aftershave: Cien After Shave Balsem
EDT: None

Bale rasieröl
Yaqi synthetic 26
Turkish shaving bowl
Palmolive shaving stick
Fasan bakelite razor
Derby extra #2
Vdh alum
Witch hazel
La rive cabane, vdh balsem

Despite the fact that the Derby extra is not the best blade on the market. The shave was good; two pass with touchup. The fasan looks aggresive, but is a mild efficient razor.

@jaap ouderwets scheren keep us posted about the soap. Always interested in new soaps on the market.

Prep Skin Protective Cream,
Omega 20102,
Calani Bay Rum,
RazoRock Black Hawk,
Feather Professional 5e x,
Jan's Bay Rum,
Vivo Per Lei Hyacinth Hand & Body Lotion,
Loris E-181 Noir Man.

SOTD_20200121.jpg

Brush and soap:
Omega 20102 and Calani Bay Rum:
It's been a while since I've had bay rum in the brush. So the Omega 20102 with the Calani Bay Rum was a pleasant new acquaintance. This soap is very usefull and forms a lot of foam in no time. With the firm Omega pig that is easily done. I had prepared the skin with a layer of Prep. I don't really like preshave, but this invigorating Prep is pleasant to use. I don't know if it's much better to shave, but at least it's nice and fresh. Well the Bay Rum doesn't need that, but my dull head sometimes does.
Blade and scraper:
Used the Feather Professional for the 5th x. The blade is just as good as a Feather Professional should be after 5x. Excellent. Even the combi RazoRock Black Hawk with Feather Professional felled well. Whether that comes from that Prep I don't know, but so far I found the Black Hawk absolutely mediocre compared to my other SE razors. Now the beard flashed off in 3 laps. Result BBS.
Finally: A splash of edc, then Jan's Bay Rum, a dash of Vivo Per Lei Hyacinth Hand & Body Lotion and finally Loris E-181 Noir Man.
Nice and fresh and at the same time spicy and woody this morning, nice again.

Last night's shave. Was a bit late so had to be a quick one. Face lather, no bowl.

Yaqi Timberwolf 26mm
Proraso green cream
Robuso 4712 5/8
Osma alum
Nuage asb

Just two passes. Good enough. Next time 3 passes and a hard soap again.

BD5044F8-4564-4ABF-9F35-03EC491E7011.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Bleubeards Revenge
Shaving Soap: Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk

After Shave: Pinaud Citrus Musk

Shaving Brush: Proraso

DE-Razor: Parker 55SL-RG semi slant
DE- Blade: Treet Black Beauty Carbon 1x

Looks like the Parker semi slant and I aren't gonna be friends. :nein1
After having shaved with several slants for weeks, this is the one who can charm me the least because I find him shaving a bit mourning.

No, now I'm a bit sorry that I got rid of my Merkur 37C because I followed the wrong track that the 37C and the Parker had a similar shaving character. :(

Dear Mr King !
Because of your iron backbone , there seems to be a problem if you have to buy another Slant !
So , i can make you a happy shaver again , and give my Razorock 37 German Slant to you.
I don,t use it , and its collecting dust.
:bier1

Eeeeh yeah how can I turn down such a nice offer Jaap it's a lottery ticket.

Knife cuts for me on two sides I get a nice shaving slant back in my possession and I keep my famous iron backbone is stand.

But maybe I still have something to make you happy again.

Dear Mr King !
Because of your iron backbone , there seems to be a problem if you have to buy another Slant !
So , i can make you a happy shaver again , and give my Razorock 37 German Slant to you.

Knife cuts for me on two sides I get a nice shaving slant back in my possession and I keep my famous iron backbone is stand.

I phone you Wednesday .

Dear Mr King !

I phone you Wednesday .

I think I just got off the phone with you or do you have a twin brother? :eek:

But we made a nice exchange.:daumenhoch

Razor: Timeless Ti 0.95 OC (USA)
Blade: Hema (3)
Pre-Shave: None
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: KEPKINH Vanilla (Greek)
Brush: AP Shave Co 30 mm Silksmoke Winter handle (Canada)
Aftershave: Di Barba Alum (Italian)
Aftershave: Phoenix Red Night (Hungarian)
Aftershave: La Bohéme After Shave Balm (Hungarian)
EDT: None

Back