ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

January 10th - January 16th

Paradigm Titanium I + Wizamet mesje (my second best razor)
Koraat 26mm Manchurian high mountain white 2-band
Martin de Candre Agrumes
I Coloniali balm

IMG_3668.jpeg

Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse Hair "Fan Shape" 27mm,
Via Barberia Shave Soap Fructi,
Mulcuto Schrägschnitt (plastic),
Treet Dura Sharp Stainless 4th x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Cien Men Hydro Care ASB,
Myrsol "Don Miguel 1919" After Shave.

SOTD_20210110.jpg

Brush and soap:
Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse Hair "Fan Shape" 27mm and Via Barberia Shave Soap Fructi:
The firm and pungent Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse Hair "Fan Shape" 27mm is excellent for making a firm lather from the Via Barberia Shave Soap Fructi. This delicious citrus soap smells refreshing, without menthol.
Blade and razor:
Used the Treet Dura Sharp Stainless for the 4th x.
The Treet Dura Sharp Stainless is a bit stubborn this morning. Think the Mulcuto Schrägschnitt (plastic) used is too light for this Treet Dura Sharp Stainless. Tomorrow I will try the metal version. Smooth and neatly shaved, but that did require some attention.
Result: BBS.
Finally: nice citrus freshly finished with Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Cien Men Hydro Care and Myrsol "Don Miguel 1919" After Shave.

Have a nice Sunday gentlemen. Today’s morning shave was
  • Vreto Opium
  • Maseto Memphis 24mm HD finest
  • SWK Basic Scuttle
  • WTG: David Issard 669, 3/4-hollow , 6/8“
  • XTG: Le Doupeux, Full hollow, 6/8“
  • ATG: L‘Espagnolette Trophee, half hollow 5/8“, all honed yesterday and stopped on
  • Leder Tradition Latigo/Nubuk
  • Mennen Skin Bracer
41B8A53D-15DF-42AD-85BB-8B1DC0F52CA7.jpeg

3B54093D-04A9-44F5-A56C-E9DBD176D7CD.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Castle Forbes

Shaving Soap/cream: Irisch Moos

Shaving Brush: Shavemac 28 mm. Silvertip Fan 2 bander

DE-Razor: Mulcuto Nädelspiten
DE-Blade: Gillette Nacet 3x

Aftershave: Irisch Moos
Aftershave balm: Irisch Moos
Eau de Toilette: Irisch Moos

Well, you don't have to spend a lot of words on this, just delicious.:yes_nicken

SOTD 20210110.
yptqJ3P.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (red: pre-).
Vie-Long foroafeitado SE 2019 synth.
Castle Forbes "Cedarwood and Sandalwood Essential Oils" shaving cream.
DSCosmetic DS-X.2 razor.
Shapu Super Stainless (2).
Proraso pre-shave cream (red: after-).
Loris "E-19" EdP (== Byredo Super Cedar).

@Hellas I can see how you'd shave with a razor in your left and one in your right hand. How you'd hold the third one however ...

Razor: Pils 101NE
Blade: Treet Durasharp
Brush: Brad Sears/Morris & Forndran 1XL Disco Haze
Lather: CBL Master Barber Far-A-Way
Additional Care: Tunney Alum

@Hellas I can see how you'd shave with a razor in your left and one in your right hand. How you'd hold the third one however ...
Like an Indian goodness with 6 Hands:lol No, of course with the right foot, anyway this does not work without training and the left foot still does not perform perfect.teufel_lachend

Last edited:
Proraso Crema Pre Barba,
Omega 80097,
Stirling Wintergreen,
Mulcuto Schrägschnitt (metal),
Treet Dura Sharp Stainless 5e x,
Alcolado Glacial,
Cien Men Hydro Care,
Stirling Wintergreen AS.

SOTD_20210111.jpg

Brush and soap:
Omega 80097 and Stirling Wintergreen:
Refresh with Proraso Crema Pre Barba, froth beaten with Stirling Wintergreen's Omega 80097. This foam over the already cooling Proraso cream opens the eyes. That is a true golden dawn. Nose loose, eyes tear and easy shaving.
Blade and razor:
Used the Treet Dura Sharp Stainless for the 5th time. The Treet Dura Sharp Stainless does reasonably well, but should be able to do better. The Mulcuto Schrägschnitt (metal) is a solid razor, which gives a nice smooth result, but with this Treet Dura Sharp Stainless clearly more difficult, than normal. I continue to have a somewhat lesser experience with this blade! Tomorrow in an OC, but as you can see, what others consider to be fine, does not always work that way for yourself. Result BBS.
Finally: keep the coolness in with Alcolado Glacial, Cien Men Hydro Care and Stirling Wintergreen AS.
Well my spouse hates the wintergreen, but that's where our paths part for a moment.

Back