ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

July 5th to July 11th

85B99239-614B-4EE0-B37B-D518DD20CA8F.jpeg

The older I get, the more I want to go back to simplicity. This is partly due to the haussé of ever new American soap makers. To be able to distinguish themselves in an overcrowded market, they invent the weirdest things, such as recently not the ordinary limited edition, but now there is also the extra very limited edition and especially every other month they proclaim that you have a new soap base and yes, there are always panting wet shavers who throw themselves directly on it.

Also in terms of scent compositions there is the saturation because I'm not the only one who more and more notice the strangest scent compositions but they also find more and more the same smell?

This morning the Phoenix Future Fiction was again a hit with a scent that promised heaven on earth but is so interchangeable in practice.

Ah I am an old man and my first American soap there I am still homesick for and unfortunately the Queen Charlotte is no longer available.

Proraso Crema Pre Barba,
Mühle Silvertip 3 band,
Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo,
Gillette Black Beauty Long Handle adjustable,
Astra Superior Platinium 8th x,
Kremlon ice cream eau de cologne,
Seinz. After Shave Balsam,
Loris E-048 Cool Water.

SOTD_202000711.jpg

Brush and soap:
Mühle Silvertip 3 band and Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo:
Dull head this morning, so fresh shave. First for cooling with Proraso Crema Pre Barba. In the meantime cold foam knock with the Mühle Silvertip 3 band of the Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo, the glacial. That on the by the Proraso already somewhat fresh skin lubricated, gave a cool head and awake enough to get a sharp knife over the skin.
Blade and razor:
The Astra Superior Platinium for the 8th x used. The Astra Superior Platinium was sharp enough, but this 8th x was the last one, because it was not quite by it self anymore. In the Gillette Black Beauty Long Handle adjustable started with the Astra Superior Platinium at 5, which was good to do for the skull, but for the face 7 was the optimal position. Nice smooth result. Result BBS.
Finally: further cooling with tears pulling Kremlon Ice cream eau de cologne. Get it all fixed up again with the Seinz. After Shave Balsam and finished with Loris E-048 Cool Water, which left a nice scent.

Good afternoon Gentlemen. Today’s morning shave was
Morris & Forndran Alibaba 22mm Flattop in Blonde Badger, Ivoorwit
Portus Cale
Valencia - 501A (t)
Voskhd (4,bin)
Tunney

Fourth consecutive Valencia shave, and like the previous three wonderful. Next week something else though.

Back