ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

June 7th to June 13th

UnShaven

Razor: Merkur Progress (D)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (UK)
Pre-Shave: Prep Crème (San Marino)
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: KEPKINH Frosty Lemon (Hellas)
Brush: Yaqi High Mountain Badger 24mm Aqua Handle (China)
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum (NL)
Aftershave: Brut Original
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble post shave (UK)
EDT: Brut Original

Otto Busch Weltmeister 164, 6/8
Muhle badger brus
TFS Mandarino Tachibana soap and AS
Have a good sunday!
79454ADC-55AD-4FBA-B1D8-527F9B762A06.jpeg

Prep Skin Protective Cream,
Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed Badger and Boar Bristle,
Arko,
Above The Tie S1,
Souplex B choice 3rd x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
Loris E-003 Acqua Di Gio .

SOTD_202000607.jpg

Brush and soap:
Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed Badger and Boar Bristle and Arko:
Look I'm not so into the preshave and the Prep Skin Protective Cream was actually too much of a good thing with the topsoap, which was on the roll this morning. The Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed Badger and Boar Bristle got a nice full fat foam from the Arko, that's a piece of cake. Although I had laid out the silicone travel bowl, it was only needed to put in the brush. This brush and the pot of Arko are fine for loading, foaming and headsopping. So how nice that is again. I know: many people think it's a disgusting scented soap, but I don't and for the rest I don't think there is much soap to be found that provides much better shaving foam.
Blade and razor:
The Souplex B choice for the 3th time used. The Souplex B choice is just like the Arko a topper among shaving products. B choice with this blade says nothing about the quality, but there may be a lopsided stamp or a spot on it, but it shaves like the best. Well that said, it was nice again. Result BBS.
Finally: regular regime with the Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Weleda Aftershave Balsam and Loris E-003 Acqua Di Gio. My spouse was content again because of the nice freshness of the lime and citronella, finished with some fougere.
The sun shines in the country of Brabant!

Prep
M-Keramiek scuttle
J&T virginia sheng badger
BDF exclusivo
Paul Serindat 6/8
VDH alum
Dickinsons witch hazel
4711 AS, Bdf exclusivo balsem

The 4711 AS is nice. I smell citrus.

@Harkos you're not a snob if it works it works independent of status and price. Good to read you give your honest opinion.

@Luigi nice photo.

Yaqi Timber Wolf,
Simpsons Peppermint Rosemary,
Krect Spiral Curve,
Gillette Nacet (2),
Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Príncipe Real with some Toco Tholin.

IMG_20200608_070926.jpg

To lengthen the freshness I added a few drops of Toco Tholin to the aftershave, a nice addition.

Razor: Merkur Progress (D)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (UK)
Pre-Shave: Prep Crème (San Marino)
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: KEPKINH Bergamot & Mint (Hellas)
Brush: AP Shave CO 24 Butterscotch Silksmoke (Canada)
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum (NL)
Aftershave: Brut Original
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble post shave (UK)
EDT: Brut Original

Yaqi R1605-S Tuxedo,
Le Père Lucièn - Rose de Pushkar,
RazoRock Game Changer 0.84-P,
Souplex B choice 4th x,
Ilgaz Rose Isparta,
Mennen Baume Energisant,
Rose Fernelle Provence et Nature Edt.

SOTD_202000608.jpg

Brush and soap:
Yaqi R1605-S Tuxedo and Le Père Lucièn - Rose de Pushkar:
Yaqi R1605-S Tuxedo with Le Père Lucièn - Rose de Pushkar is a smooth foamer. Nice and full. I took some time to load the brush well and while I was doing that I wondered, what smells better to me. LDL or MDC roses. Unfortunately I can't check it directly but I think MDC. So this is something to find out when I am back home. Well that said, I have to say that the Rose de Pushkar is very nice in my nose and on my skin. Class and good shaving foam.
Blade and razor:
The Souplex B choice for the 4th x used and hardly reduces on the cut and is therefore very pleasant. The RazoRock Game Changer 0.84-P with the Souplex B choice is a combination with excellent synergy. The result is that the sum of the parts is more than the parts, or too good a combination.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Brabant air, Ilgaz Rose Isparta, Mennen Baume Energisant and Rose Fernelle Provence et Nature Edt finished the job and that too was pleasant, so the day can't be broken anymore.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Brabant air, Ilgaz Rose Isparta, Mennen Baume Energisant and Rose Fernelle Provence et Nature Edt finish the job and that too was pleasant, so the day can't be broken anymore. Now enjoying the surroundings here.

Merkur monday

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Omega 98
Speick shaving stick
Merkur progress + Treet durasharp #3
Vdh alum
Pitralon classic as, MWF lotion

First shave with the progress. It feells heavy. No nicks/cuts etc I still have to get a feell for it.

2368C4BF-8524-434B-8D3C-1977AEC1CD8A.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Castle Forbes

Shaving Soap/cream: GEO.F.Trumper Violet
Shaving Brush: Kent BK8

DE-Razor: Mulcuto Nadelspitzen
DE-Blade: Gillette Nacet 4x

Aftershave: Brooklyn Soap Company
Eau de Toilette: L.T. Piver A la Reine Des Fleurs

Back