ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Just a little show and tell.

Disburden

I recently aquired two much coticules to play with that I really enjoy honing on and thought I would share them with you all. I recently sold my La Verte and Slurry stone on SRP to an eager beginner and decided to buy a few more to balance out the loss of the La Verte, I'll miss you honey, but if you love them set them free!

Today I just received a La Veinette combo stone from TSS aka Jarrod's site. I lapped it and used it right away on a razor dulled on a juice glass. This is probably the easiest Coticule I have ever used to gain a sharp nice edge. HHT off the stone was a hht4, no joke...this is a 6x2 inch stone, my favorite coticule size.

here she is:
IMG_20111105_173941.jpg

IMG_20111105_173932.jpg

IMG_20111105_173923.jpg

Next is a La Nouvelle Veine I received from a Seller on Ebay. It may seem familiar to you hone guys as it used to be Maksim's stone of Japanesenaturalstones.com/JNS. It is a long one, 8 inches by 1.5 inches. It is moderately fast on slurry and slow as heck on water, it is an amazing finishing stone, leaves a very mellow edge. It almost feels like the edge gained you're shaving with something invisible to the touch that you can't cut yourself on.

IMG_20111105_174025.jpg

IMG_20111105_174010.jpg

I really like La nouvelle Veine as a layer, especially the ones that can set a bevel. I feel it's probably the most underrated layer out there, the finished edge is the most mellow I have ever had from a coticule. Keep in mind I have never used La Gross Blanche before.

Here's the gang I currently own; La veinette, La Nouvelle Veine slurry matching the coticule and a La Petite Blanche Slurry stone-natural combo slurry stone, The La nouvelle, A La Dressante stone on slate-very fast on water AND slurry, and a Vintage Coticule-Natural combo.
IMG_20111105_173904.jpg

enjoy!

:love:

Nick

mollzo-dk said:
Wow.
A lot of nice pieces!! :thumbup:

I've read before from one of Bart's posts that these stones can be bewitching in a way...Darn I guess he was right. lol

:sleep:

very nice nick, i also received my lv 140x40mm from superior shave, very nice stone. I'd like to get a la novel vain , are these still available?

gary

Id ask Ardennes directly, Gary, I'm not too sure. I've oly had this one and the one sent to me by theperfectedge several years ago.

Hey Disburden,
I was going to buy that last week. I saw it there the night before, but when I went to the site to buy it the next day, I think it was Thursday, it was gone. I was so angry because it had been there much longer than I expected, and as soon as I was ready buy it someone beat me to it. I spent a good long time cussing whoever bought it (you apparently).
I'm extremely jealous, but I really hope you enjoy it.
Oh well. Next time I won't wait.

Sean

Back