ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Keep your linen clear

Emmanuel

This is a very small but very potent magnet.Even my Dovo linen frequently cleaned with soap
and letting it dry i was removing the surplus by an aspirator,dragging this magnet along the linen I surprised When I saw by the naked eyes a small quantity of metal powder stuck on the magnet pole.You can see in the post photo a darker cycle which is the metal powder.So i suggest
to an additional treatment with magnet from time to time.No doubt that metal debris spoil the edge.
Yours
Emmanuel

Πολύ σοφός ο φίλος μου σας ευχαριστώ :thumbup:

Best Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

tat2Ralfy said:

Best Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Ευχαριστώ πολύ Δόκτωρ.

Εμμανουήλ

tat2Ralfy said:

Best Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

എന്താ പറയുന്നത്? മന്സിലകുന്നില്ലല്ലോ!

vgeorge said:
എന്താ പറയുന്നത്? മന്സിലകുന്നില്ലല്ലോ!

Thank you George for your kind words.
Best regards
Emmanuel

I just had a go at this - and despite the short time of having my Neil Miller strop - I still found a small coating of steel particles.

BTW - the sort of magnet Emmanuel looks like he's using are neodymium ones (really good for making all kinds of fastenings out of because they are so strong). If you're in the UK - you can get them pretty cheap from the components section of Maplins, or of course look for them cheaper on the internet.

Thanks for a great idea Emmanuel!

As said, that's an excellent tip:thumbup:

SqueezyJohn,

Is that the same thing as a "rare earth magnet"?

Thank you all .That's correct John is a toy.I post a picture to cover Paul.The magnet is very small and extremely strong so you can let it stuck on the strop fastener as reminder.
Best regards
Emmanuel

richmondesi said:
Is that the same thing as a "rare earth magnet"?

Basically yes - but there are other types of rare-earth magnets such as samarium-cobalt ones which are more expensive and weaker (???). It's likely that most you'll find for sale are neodymium ones.

Cheers

Squeezy

No i didn't but you can try it. I searched with this magnet the strop leather side but i didn't find metal debris,because of course was always cleaned on linen.Well,the conclusion is:
dont strop directly to the leather ,however that's the linen purpose.
Best regards
Emmanuel

Back