ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

King Oscilator

efsk

Absurd hero
SU-Patron Gold
The Rotary King Safety Razor Co produced this funny little thing. Known as King Rotary, Rotary King, King Oscillator, I tend to stick to the last name, as I have suspicions the "Rotary" name was for their SE razor.
The oscilating mechanism an best be explaind by the patent, which @sɐǝɹpu∀ shows here
DSC03374.JPG
DSC03376.JPG
DSC03377.JPG
DSC03378.JPG
DSC03379.JPG
DSC03380.JPG

Last edited:
Haven't tried it yet. With the Vib'Raz however, a French oscillating razor, I did not notice significant improvement over non-oscillating razors.

Any idea if there is a chance to shave with those?
I have one that I acquired as "by-catch" and I haven't really looked into using it.

My contribution for OsCilatingober:
I thought I had the same version as above, but handle is different, and mine has shipper, box and instructions:
SAM_2255.JPG
SAM_2256.JPG
SAM_2257.JPG
SAM_2258.JPG

BTW, It's not only the french with propriety blades, I haven't been able to recreate the blade from a modern blade but might try again...

Correction:
After uploading I was playing with blades: Actually it is easy to adapt a new blade, You just need to snip the ends of a DE blade (otherwise it won't oscillate. But, the new blade is to lose in this razor for any comfort (beware), You probably need the thicker original blade.The razor doesn't bend the blade to make it rigid...

Last edited:
Correction:
After uploading I was playing with blades: Actually it is easy to adapt a new blade, You just need to snip the ends of a DE blade (otherwise it won't oscillate. But, the new blade is to lose in this razor for any comfort (beware), You probably need the thicker original blade.The razor doesn't bend the blade to make it rigid...
Maybe it needs a Viku Shim or something similar :)

Doubt it,, the blade needs to move, and the razor is designed for horizontal (unbend) blades. Flat bottem, the cap doesn't bend the blade. Probably means a steep shaving angle...

I had a closer look at mine and I don't think just snipping off the ends of the blade will do the trick.
You would have to enlarge some of the holes in the modern blade slightly.
Not something I'm enthusiastic about.

Back