ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Leresche

Also a model 34, but this one is New in Box. Never opened. I like to call it my Schröedinger's Razor :) The last pic in the previous post shows both 34's together.
View attachment 8163 View attachment 8164 View attachment 8165 View attachment 8166 View attachment 8167 View attachment 8168
The Problem with NOS, how do we know there's a razor there? Also, what is the point of keeping it sealed? In my humble opinion this serves no useful purpose.
I am from the school that if you have it you have to see it and if possible use it. This item was produced to fill a purpose, like shave with it, and Display it.
Boutiques still use display models to sell their stuff. So, the display per say serves a purpose. This package is for storage in a warehouse.
Sorry, but I want to understand, I could be missing something. If that's the case then let me know. If not then:

@efsk 0 @Walid 1

@Walid it's a special version Leresche type Schrödinger
I guess @efsk needs all the arguments he can get. Unfortunately for him he won't be able to sustain a high level Quantum physics conversation, the guy can barely hack it into KDE and Vi :kaputtlachen1
But he might be able use some mental gymnastics with a bit of philosophy to argue his point. Let's see.

Reactions: ehv
@Walid to be honest I always thought I was rather smart. But my son had quantum physics last year at the University. I couldn't follow him. I can make a joke about a Schrödinger, but that is as far as it goes.

Plain and simple: as long as I don't open the package, I have a pristine utterly mint Leresche 34 and a heap of rust SIMULTANEOUSLY! That's Schrödingers razor!
Open it will destroy a piece of history. How many of these are around, still sealed? Not that much, I reckon. That makes it a rare and valuable object. And as I already own a 34 in good to very good condition, I see no need to destroy a rather unique object.
Now, had it not been sealed, just open a flap and you're there, as with modern razors, I'd have it open in a jiffy.
BTW, I also own a Schrödingers Gibbs. Same one as @Northstonehill has. He opened his, makes mine more rare.

Plain and simple: as long as I don't open the package, I have a pristine utterly mint Leresche 34 and a heap of rust SIMULTANEOUSLY! That's Schrödingers razor!
Open it will destroy a piece of history. How many of these are around, still sealed? Not that much, I reckon. That makes it a rare and valuable object. And as I already own a 34 in good to very good condition, I see no need to destroy a rather unique object.
Now, had it not been sealed, just open a flap and you're there, as with modern razors, I'd have it open in a jiffy.
BTW, I also own a Schrödingers Gibbs. Same one as @Northstonehill has. He opened his, makes mine more rare.
I don't know about your logic...It's like marrying a veiled virgin and not touching her at all. You'll never know, she could be ugly or maybe even a man. But hey you'll never know and you can pride yourself of having a veiled virgin that nobody touched or saw...even you.
It doesn't make sense to me, but to each his own.

But hey you'll never know and you can pride yourself of having a veiled virgin that nobody touched or saw...even you.
While at the same time having the unveiled version that I've thoroughly testdrived. You forget that part.

While at the same time having the unveiled version that I've thoroughly testdrived. You forget that part.
Hehe...yes I forgot that. But you still need to peak inside the veil, just to make sure that no one made a fool out of you. One day you X-ray this thing and lo and behold it's a brick they sold you.

That‘s the Great thing about Schrödinger: as long as I don‘t look, it‘s both. So one day I look and think: shitty piece of crap, glad I don’t have to see it, and the next day I think: look at this, who else owns a guaranteed mint, NOS, NIB Leresche from the early 1930s?

That‘s the Great thing about Schrödinger: as long as I don‘t look, it‘s both. So one day I look and think: shitty piece of crap, glad I don’t have to see it, and the next day I think: look at this, who else owns a guaranteed mint, NOS, NIB Leresche from the early 1930s?
No many...just a few and...you're one of them...according to Schrödinger law (to be precise).

Back