ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Market and evaluation

torbenbp

We all know the prices off straight razors and related items on that Egayish site have gone nuts. I will not take part in this.
So,for the regular members off this site,I would suggest a kind of estimated price suggestion for items on sale. This really doesnt make sence,does it?

If someone would have an item for sale,not having a clue towards the reasonable price, regular and _respected_ members would have a big say towards a fair price.

And before some english guy,living in Berlin ,starts to go furry: No,it aint for money. No,I`m not a vendor. No,I wont make a few dollars. No,it aint crappy razors ;-)

I have more razors than needed and want to stick with a few good ones,that being for personal reasons,and for their actuall quality.

So,if some newcomers could have a very fair deal,it would make us all happy.

What do our respected members say?

Torbs

torbenbp said:
We all know the prices off straight razors and related items on that Egayish site have gone nuts. I will not take part in this.
So,for the regular members off this site,I would suggest a kind of estimated price suggestion for items on sale. This really doesnt make sence,does it?
Actually no, I don't understand what you are saying.
torbenbp said:
If someone would have an item for sale,not having a clue towards the reasonable price, regular and _respected_ members would have a big say towards a fair price.
I still don't get it. Are you suggesting that the members of Coticule.be should decide the price for razors offered in the MarketPlace forum?
torbenbp said:
And before some english guy,living in Berlin ,starts to go furry: No,it aint for money. No,I`m not a vendor. No,I wont make a few dollars. No,it aint crappy razors ;-)
He's as German as they come actually. Just happens to speak better English than many English-speaking. ;)
torbenbp said:
I have more razors than needed and want to stick with a few good ones,that being for personal reasons,and for their actuall quality.

So,if some newcomers could have a very fair deal,it would make us all happy.

What do our respected members say?

Torbs

If you want to sell razors at fair prices, you have my blessing. :D
However, if you want to put an overpriced piece of junk in the MarketPlace, you have my blessing as well.:) The forum rules only dictate that you describe the item for sale in a honest and straightforward manner. Hence it is allowed to sell "warped razor, temper probably ruined, bent pin, crack in the steel all the way up to the spine (see attached picture). Asking price 299 EUR. I don't have a box for it." This is allowed.
It is however not allowed to sell the same razor for 1 EUR and call it "in mint condition".
Neither is it allowed to run "best offer" sales. You must make up your mind about a price.
You are allowed to put an item on E-bay, though, and announce it at the MarketPlace.

I believe these are solid rules, that will last a long time.

Kind regards,
Bart.

"Respected Members"
where are they?
Bwhahahaha

I think what Torbs is trying to say is this:
If a member wanted to sell an item, and had no idea of the value, would it be acceptable for other members to offer a guide price?

Pip Pip Old Beans
Ralfson (Dr)

Hmmmmm,thought I said that...
Thanks Ralfy,you`re English is brilliant. Are you a native? Bwahahahahah
T

Sir Bart.

I havnt made myselff clear,once again.

The idea was to offer a very fair price to newcomers. As I do no longer keep up on prices, I didnt find it fair to take on eBay prices. In fact,I will glady give it to someone in need.

T

tat2Ralfy said:
"Respected Members"
where are they?
Bwhahahaha

I think what Torbs is trying to say is this:
If a member wanted to sell an item, and had no idea of the value, would it be acceptable for other members to offer a guide price?

Ah, I see. It is not forbidden to start a thread in "The Razor's Inn" or the "Miscellaneous Stuff" section, with the question "what would you find a fair price for these items?" After that, you can base your prices for the MarketPlace on the answers in that thread. Would that solve the problem?

Kind regards,
Bart.

Back