ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Martin de Candre

Harkos

Highlight of this day for me was a visit at the Savonnerie of Martin de Candre in the neighberhood from Saumur France. This is where soaps and especially shaving soaps of high quality are manufactured and of course I had to take a look at that and also expand my assortment with a soap of the scent Vetiver. At home I already have roses, agrumes and origanal. That's all really good top quality. Because of the corona virus we weren't allowed to feel and smell unrestrained, but I got the ladies to take the lid off the pot and let me smell for a while. It can be seen that soap is manufactured here on a high level. They are housed in a part of a monastery, all very nice.

Attachments

• 20200919_Saumur_MDCScheerzeep.jpg
    20200919_Saumur_MDCScheerzeep.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200919_Saumur_MDCVetiver.jpg
    20200919_Saumur_MDCVetiver.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200919_Saumur_MDCWinkel.jpg
    20200919_Saumur_MDCWinkel.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200919_Saumur_MDCAtelier.jpg
    20200919_Saumur_MDCAtelier.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 29
Never been there but a friend of mine goes there sometimes, great bath soaps also, always have MDC in the house

Reactions: ehv
Today I went to Martin De Candere again for a small purchase and bought a box of Vetiver (for an friend) and a box of Fougère for myself. It was less crowded now and I could look around for a while.

20200921_Saumur_MDCAtelier.jpg

The boss had just finished his soap production of the morning and in the wooden boxes are soaps drying and ripening, which takes weeks. Nice clean workshop and it smells divine.

20200921_Saumur_MDCMartin.jpg

Highlight of this day for me was a visit at the Savonnerie of Martin de Candre in the neighberhood from Saumur France. This is where soaps and especially shaving soaps of high quality are manufactured and of course I had to take a look at that and also expand my assortment with a soap of the scent Vetiver. At home I already have roses, agrumes and origanal. That's all really good top quality. Because of the corona virus we weren't allowed to feel and smell unrestrained, but I got the ladies to take the lid off the pot and let me smell for a while. It can be seen that soap is manufactured here on a high level. They are housed in a part of a monastery, all very nice.
I have a question about that, are they really that good?. They're on the pricey side. They say they're triple milled and will last a long time.

Reactions: ehv
Back