ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

May 2th - May 8th

Harkos

J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm,
Proraso Green,
Merkur 39C Slant Long Handle Barber Pole,
Personna - Lab Blue 7th x,
Green Freeze Lemon (Osage/Mennen/Cajuputi/Menthol/Lemon),
Braukmann Sport Cream,
Loris E-013 Creed Aventus.

SOTD_20210502.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm and Proraso Green:
Nice and basic all this morning, just a quick wipe with the J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm through the jar of Proraso Green and lather lots of lather, but also white chalk. Oh well that's just the way it is with Proraso. Good rinsing and a fiber cloth do wonders there. In any case, smooth nice foam brushed on. Again, the brush is fine to use. I think when I never use a pig again, but this kind of synthetic fiber, I quickly think it must be like that. Still miss that stiffer and rawer of a real piggy a bit, but in use this completely satisfies. I prefer this synthete, to one of those synthetic swabs from Plisson.
Blade and razor:
Used the Personna - Lab Blue for the 7th time.
The Personna - Lab Blue has disappeared into the piggy bank after 7x. Could have been more, but that's enough. The Merkur 39C Slant Long Handle Barber Pole with the Personna - Lab Blue is such a good shaving effective combo, which without much fuss takes off the beard smoothly.
Result: BBS.
Finally: some more freshening up with Green Freeze Lemon (Osage/Mennen/Cajuputi/Menthol/Lemon), Braukmann Sport Cream and Loris E-013 Creed Aventus. I'm looking forward to e Sunday again.

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
J&T Virginia sheng badger
TGS NR1 Tallow
Dumas aine 32
Knockout + Treet platinum
Proraso alum
Humphrey's witch hazel
Myrsol agua balsamico, Weleda as balm

The dumas pulled a little bit in the first pass. It could be because of prep (no shower or warm water). It removed most of the stubble, but didn't feel comfortable. So clean up with the knockout.

Semogue SOC Bristle Cherrywood,
Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Beta 4.1,
Mühle R94 Rocca,
Super-Max Super stainless 1st x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
Loris E-085 Dior Fahrenheit.

SOTD_20210503.jpg

Jamei_SOC.jpg

Brush and soap:
Semogue SOC Bristle Cherrywood and Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Beta 4.1:
Today it was the turn of the Semogue SOC Bristle Cherrywood to compare with the J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm. For this I had an excellent hard soap, the Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Beta 4.1, to see how that foams up. That was peanuts for both brushes. The lathering went smoothly, whereby it is noticeable that the SOC feels much more supple. The difference was even more noticeable when brushing it on. I must confess, that because of this, my preference goes to the Jiamei. A boar brush in this category should technically feel a bit better, but this was pure softness and suppleness, while the syntheet is also soft, but with just a bit more backbone. The difference from natural hair can be felt here as well. However, this is not so explicit that the imitation boar is not preferred. Would this be the end of the boar bristles era?
Blade and razor:
Used the Super-Max Super stainless for the 1st x.
Picked up a blade, which I do not have that high, Super-Max Super stainless. Was curious to see if this is still usable. To my surprise, I shaved nicely with it. Probably this is due to the combination Mühle R94 Rocca and Super-Max Super stainless. The Rocca allows so well to regulate the shaving angle and the result determined, that although I used this razor for the 2nd time, it already feels very familiar and manageable. Smooth and comfortable razor, which allows even this mediocre blade to perform.
Finally: Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Weleda Aftershave Balsam and Loris E-085 Dior Fahrenheit on it and again satisfied started the day!

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Yaqi silvertip badger
Lea shaving cream
Merkur 37c + derby extra #1
Proraso alum
Humphrey's witch hazel
Williams aqua velva (spanish version), Wilkinson senso hydro balm

Nice shave. Even with a derby extra.

Razor Master Daichi (Ginger Bergamot),
Blackbird V2 machined finish 85mm steel,
Super-Max Super stainless 2nd x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü,
Loris E-048 Cool Water.

SOTD_20210504.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm and Razor Master Daichi (Ginger Bergamot):
The J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm makes an excellent lather from the Razor Master Daichi (Ginger Bergamot). Whipped up in a small ribbed bowl, it's done in no time and leaves a brush full of nice bubbly lather. Get more and more pleasure from this brush. From Razor Master soaps I have not had such a nice dense lather. Very good.
Blade and razor:
Used the Super-Max Super stainless for the 2nd time.
The Super-Max Super stainless is actually doing quite well. I do feel some simplicity in the cut, just not Derby, but still it shaves well. The Blackbird V2 machined finish 85mm handle will probably be the reason why this Super-Max Super stainless shaves so well. I am no friend of Super-Maxes, but if it works....
Finally: Ginger and Bergamot asks for freshness, so Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon. This edc also goes with almost everything. Neutral Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü for care and finally a fresh scent Loris E-048 Cool Water.

SOTD 20210504.
ywNGW8u.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (red: pre-).
J&T® purpleheart / Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle knot.
Le Père Lucien "Savon du Barbier Cèdre Patchouli" shaving soap.
DSCosmetic DS-X.2 razor.
Lord "Classic" (5).
Proraso pre-shave cream (red: after-).
Loris "E-19" EdP (== Byredo Super Cedar).

Stirling 26/54,
Arko Ice Mint,
RazoRock SS Lupo 95 on DSCosmetic titanium KVT handle,
Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus (1),
Bulldog aftershave balm,
Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Princípe Real with a drop of White Flower oil.

1620195681077.jpg

Liberation day, the birthday of my dear mother, but I can't visit her because I have to stay in quarantine...

Omega 80097,
Acca Kappa Barbershop Collection Refreshing,
Merkur 510 Progress,
Super-Max Super stainless 3rd x,
Green Freeze Lemon (Osage/Mennen/Cajuputi/Menthol/Lemon),
Toco-Tholin Lavender ASB,
Loris E-013 Creed Aventus.

SOTD_20210505.jpg

Brush and soap:
Omega 80097 and Acca Kappa Barbershop Collection Refreshing:
This morning it was the turn of the Omega 80097 to compare with the J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm. For this, the Acca Kappa Barbershop Collection Refreshing was lathered up. Well the lather was again fine. Of the outer class so to speak. First foamed with the Omega and then also some with the Jiamei, that does not differ. Then the lathering. Again, hardly any difference to be noticed. The Omega is a soft pig with nice straight hairs and sufficient backbone. This is very similar to the syntheet under test. If I had to choose between these two, I would prefer the syntheet! However, both helped me to fine lather and also carried it equally well on.
Blade and razor:
Used the Super-Max Super stainless for the 3rd x.
Once again the Super-Max Super stainless surprises with smooth cut and persistence. The Merkur 510 Progress at 2.5 for the skull and 3.5 for the rest is doing nicely with the Super-Max Super stainless. Smooth and beautiful.
Finally: the freshness of the Acca Kappa preserved with Green Freeze Lemon (Osage/Mennen/Cajuputi/Menthol/Lemon), Toco-Tholin Lavender ASB and Loris E-013 Creed Aventus.
Fresh and satisfied shave.

Back