ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

more excited than a little kid at christmas!!

jfdupuis

Hey guys,

To my complete surprise I received a nice little package from Belgium this morning! (I say to my complete surprise since the package was only sent mid week last week and I didn't think it would get here until probably late next week)

The package contained three beautiful blades honed by our guru, Bart! Since I only had a chance to pick them up over my lunch break they're still neatly wrapped. I can't wait to get home tonight and test them out! The LeGrelot is going to be my first one tonight!

I want to personally thank Robin and Bart for their help! I owe you guys one!

Cheers,

JF

Let's hope they shave halffway as decent as they look. (Robin's off the hook already). :)

Kind regards,
Bart

Lol! I have no doubt they will exceed my expectations! Now I just need to put my credit card in the shredder and cancel my paypal account :p

Matt said:
Keep us posted, mate. :thumbup:

cheers,
Matt
I received word that Jean-François wasn't really impressed with the edges, although I sharpened them with that effect in mind.

2 of these 3 razors coincidentally were located at my home when Robin decided to trade them. He sent me the third one with the request to forward them all to Jean-François. I sharpened them and was quite pleased with the results, expecting to impress with their smooth keenness.

There seems to be an issue with the HHT near the heels, although that is one of the three spots I probe before and after stropping a freshly honed razor. Jean-Francois already plans to rehone the Wacker, without shaving with it. It doesn't shave arm hair up the heel he claims. An edge has to stop somewhere at the heel bend, I can only imagine that Jean-Francois has other standards than mine. :blush:

With the Le Grelot he did shave, also that one he plans to rehone because the heel doesn't pass the HHT up to his standards. He said both heels of the LeGrelot and the Wacker were "barely honed".

There were no comments on the unbranded "Solingen Silberstahl", so I can hope that one is halfway decent.

When I sent out these razors I felt confident to have sent among my best sharpening work. No doubt I would have been happily shaving with those razors if they were mine. It demonstrates that my honing deserved a reality check, and that it was not good enough for Jean-François standards. I would offer him a full refund if he paid for the job. I offer my apologies instead.

That's as thorough and honest an update I can give. Jean-François is invited to add whatever he wants.
If it's not good, it must be said as well.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Back