ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

New semogues

I have one of those :) bit expensive for a synthetic but love it.

Schermafbeelding 2020-03-12 om 08.58.24.png

a few new models (most of them are available in boar, badger, mix badger/boar and horse hair)

Schermafbeelding 2020-03-12 om 09.00.51.png

Schermafbeelding 2020-03-12 om 09.01.09.png

Good thing my iron backbone doesn't really appreciate the Semoque's so no doubt nothing will be bought here. :augenroll1

O I'm sure you won't ;) every time I suggest something worth buying you don't like it. (and vice versa). btw I won't either, as a matter of fact I had a MRI this morning of my back and they advise to immobilize one more disk in my back (no kidding!).

I will however bend just a little bit once the new Plisson synthetic grey becomes available in a nicer handle then the ones they have now (it is coming according to their email answer). And should I ever come across a Plisson Mountain High White brush I'l bend completely :buana

I bought several Semogue's in the past and their boar hair brushes are really excellent (boar is not talked much about anymore :confused)

I've got two of this brushes in Torga-C3, the boar and the mixture.
I prefer smaller knot brushes, 24mm+ becomes to big for me.

I've been breaking in the boar for about 41 hours in tap water with two hand lathers after the first 24h.
After this I thought the brush was ready for a shave yesterday.

It's a very nice brush but still needs a few more hand lathers to get there.
I think this will be a winner for me.

The mixture was only soaking in water for 24h and in the hand lathers it's noticeable softer with less backbone. I even thought I got the wrong brush (very hard to differentiate between the mixture and finest in my opinion) but no.

I'm going to test the mixture Wednesday (only shave twice a week).

Thanks for your opinion of this brushes, Tempting but I'll resist hopefully. I would probably be a faster (although probably not better) tester as I shave twice a day ;)

Back