ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

November 29th - December 5th

Yaqi Heavy Metal Handle Timber Wolf,
Wholly Kaw King of Oud,
Henson Shaving AL13 on Stork Consul handle,
Feather (2),
Wholly Kaw King of Oud aftershave balm.

IMG_20201204_071058.jpg

Prep
M-Keramiek scuttle
Semogue 1305
Cella shaving soap
Merkur 37c + Tiger Platinum #1
VDH alum
Humphrey's cucumber mellon witch hazel
Tuff sensitive

I read the description of @Harkos of the Tiger. It wasn't really positive. On the sister board some users are positive about the blade other aren't. So experiences are mixed. I decided to experience it myself. I must say that I had to use pressure then normal to achieve the result. This didn't result in razor burn or cuts.

The users who give a positive impression of the blade mostly used it in a rockwell 6, razorock gamechanger .84P and the 37c. Also noted the performance of the blade quickly decreases.

Quick head shave, I don't use a D.E very often, but this slant does its job very nicely .. now I have to say that the blade that it contains is, in my opinion, one of the nicest I have experienced so far.

Maggard slant+Lord platium blade.
Vulfix Sandalwood
Silvertip brush..
Result smooth..
20201204_090639.jpg

Oumo Brush LE 095/102 / silk HMW gel tip 26 mm,
Mama Bear Siberian Fir Needle,
Lord L6,
Tiger Platinum 3rd x,
Alcolado Glacial,
Arko Nem Avokado cream,
TDS Deja Vue.

SOTD_20201204.jpg

Brush and soap:
Oumo Brush LE 095/102 / silk HMW gel tip 26 mm and Mama Bear Siberian Fir Needle:
The Oumo Brush LE 095/102 / silk HMW gel tip 26 mm loaded with Mama Bear Siberian Fir Needle. The scent remains moderate, but with beautiful foam. For tomorrow there is still some left in the bowl, so one more day of beautiful foam.
Blade and razor:
Used the Tiger Platinum for the 3rd time.
The Tiger Platinum has now been used for the third time, but the result was not to write home. Looks shaved, but still feel stubble everywhere. Put the Tiger Platinum in the piggybank and don't use it any further. The Lord L6 is a razor with which many blades do well and I can shave nice and smooth, but with this Tiger Platinum that was not possible. As the blade doesn't work in this L6, but neither in Merkur's 39c slant and in the Merkur Progress 510 at any position, this blade is not usable for me.
Result: JFS.
Finally: freshened the head with Alcolado Glacial, Arko Nem Avokado cream and TDS Deja Vue. Fresh, but badly shaved.

I have a stash of those blades if you decide to use your DE more often ;)
I don't get along with those very much...
I think the last time I used a D.E was 2 years ago, I think the frequency of use will not increase. ;) I find shaving finer with an open blade. There are still a few hundred blades in the drawer of this brand. (old stock) + several hundred from other brands .. I'll get through this and the next lives with it. but thank you very kindly.

D8FB45ED-4BEF-4A0B-8A06-C24B99862502.jpeg

Shaving Soap and balm: Stirling Christmas Eve
Shaving Brush: Omega Proraso

SE Razor: CJB Kamisori
SE- Blade: Dorca Barber Blade

Now that I had gained the necessary experience with the Feather the last couple of weeks, I came across the long forgotten CJB yesterday while cleaning up some of the shaving gear drawers.

Immediately the curiosity came and will I be able to shave again with that?
And yes even stronger, it went smoother than with the Feather Professional DX.
With the Kamisori it's easier to maneuver, so it's a very pleasant re-acquaintance.

SOTD 20201204.
lMVYffB.jpg

Depot "No. 402" pre & post shave balm (pre-).
Vie-Long foroafeitado SE 2019 synth.
Castle Forbes "Cedarwood and Sandalwood Essential Oils" shaving cream.
ATT S2 / Stork "Taipan" handle.
Lord Super Chrome (5).
Depot "No. 402" pre & post shave balm (after-).
Terre d'Hermes EdP.

proraso green preshave
M-Keramiek scuttle
Zenith boar brush
TGS Pino Alpestre shaving soap
Razorock gamechanger .84-P + Tiger Platinum #2
VDH alum
Humphrey's cucumber mellon witch hazel
Pino Sylvestre AS, De vergulde hand balsem

@Harkos reported about his disappointing experiences using this blade. I would like to say, thank you for testing it.

I put it in in the gamechanger. The blade feels it is dragging. It is gives the impression that it has trouble cutting the stubble. The stubble is removed tough. There is hardly any alum feedback. So for me it seems to be smooth, but not sharp. It could be a nice blade in the universal shavette. I will test it. I think that for DE-shaving there are better out there, but you never know it might you're blade.

Graydog/Japanese Sugi Pine/2BED synthetic
La Toja - stick
Brillant - alu, plastic base (t)
Voskhod (?)
Tunney

early morning shave. I don't like those.

SOTD 20201205.
Qx429Pg.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (red: pre-).
J&T® wengé / Maggard synth.
Alexander Simpson "Sandalwood Ultra-Glide" shaving soap.
Vintage Gillette NEW (SC, made in USA) / Stork "Advoco" handle.
Lord Super Chrome (6).
Proraso pre-shave cream (red: after-).
Loris "E-19" EdP (== Byredo Super Cedar).

After 5 days no time to shave, found out that the Saterday morning is perfect.
First pass with a Barburry shavette , and a half new Feather.
But , no fun , so back to the DE.
Razor , Fatip Piccolo MK OC.
Blade , Personna Platinum ( 2 ).
Brush , AP Synthetic Flat Top.
Soap , Wickham Club Cola.
AS , Jill Sander Sun.
Not the best shave ever , but it feels a whole lot better than yesterday.

Attachments

• 20201205_100258.jpg
    20201205_100258.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 7
Proraso Crema Pre Barba,
Rod Neep Silvertip extra dense LE 2014 #07/12 Shasoc,
Mama Bear Siberian Fir Needle,
Paradigm Diamondback,
Sputnik Vintage 1987 1st x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Arko Nem Avokado ASB,
Pinaud-Clubman Special Reserve.

SOTD_20201205.jpg

Brush and soap:
Rod Neep Silvertip extra dense LE 2014 #07/12 Shasoc and Mama Bear Siberian Fir Needle:
After some lesser shaves, this morning again a good one. Everything was right and that was also the result. Proraso Crema Pre Barba to pre-treat the beard and in the meantime with the Rod Neep Silvertip extra dense LE 2014 #07/12 Shasoc the last remaining Mama Bear Siberian Fir Needle foamed up. Nice foam, but too little smell, so don't regret it.
Blade and razor:
The Sputnik Vintage 1987 for the 1st time used.

P_M_Sputnik_Vintage.jpg

Had some test blades from Ehv and that included this Sputnik Vintage 1987. Well if I find a box of them! That after the first use. What a nice sharp blade this is. Smooth to the skin, that was different last day. Of course I will have to wait and see how it keeps, but the first impression is often decisive for me. This went through the butter like a warm knife. The combination Paradigm Diamondback with this Sputnik Vintage 1987 is great. Beautifully smooth and no damage. Result BBS.
Finally: Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Arko Nem Avokado ASB and Pinaud-Clubman Special Reserve to finish it off. The Special Reserve did well after the matte scented foam.

1FD86721-F7A0-4DE5-B51C-2777FDAE272F.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Castle Forbes

Shaving Soap/cream: G&A Artisan Finnish Forest
Shaving Brush: OUMO Terracotta Warriors 26 mm. SHD HMW gel Silvertip badger

SE Razor: CJB Kamisori
SE- Blade: Dorca Barber Blade

Aftershave: G&A Artisan Finnish Forest

Back