ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Number of passes

jfdupuis

Hey,

How many passes do you guys normally do? I usually do one WTG and one XTG. Because of my skin I don't think I could do more than 2 passes.

JF

I've been leaning more towards one WTG, one ATG lately, for less irritation. Plus a little touch up on my neck, where I've got some hair basically parallel to my skin. In the past, I usually did one WTG, plus two XTG. But if I've done a real good job sharpening up a particular razor on a Coticule, WTG and ATG seems to do a pretty good job. On special occasions, I'll go WTG, XTG and then ATG.

I always do 3 on my cheeks, WTG, XTG, ATG, and because of the way my neck beard grows I do 4 there, which are a mix of XTG and ATG, plus a little touching up on water.

I could not have imagined doing that many passes until I learned to Coticule hone, I suffer no ill effects at all, unless of course I slip!...lol

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

I'm slowly getting my skin used to doing two passes after doing only one wtg pass for so long. I shave every single day so I don't usually look horrible with a one pass shave. I may have a bit of stubble at night, but by that time I don't really care. Even with only one wtg pass, I believe I get closer more presentable results than people using electric shavers.

It's really cold here right now, so I'll probably wait a few months before I experiment with doing more than 2 passes. When your skin gets exposed to -25 degrees temperatures, the slight existence of skin irritation gets highly amplified.

jfdupuis said:
I'm slowly getting my skin used to doing two passes after doing only one wtg pass for so long. I shave every single day so I don't usually look horrible with a one pass shave. I may have a bit of stubble at night, but by that time I don't really care. Even with only one wtg pass, I believe I get closer more presentable results than people using electric shavers.

It's really cold here right now, so I'll probably wait a few months before I experiment with doing more than 2 passes. When your skin gets exposed to -25 degrees temperatures, the slight existence of skin irritation gets highly amplified.

Isn't that why people grow beards? christ on a bike minus 25!

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Back