ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Orphaned Coticules

Paul

I've noticed that there are some coticules in the vault with no testing. Nº48 is one such, and I'm very interested to know something about it... Is it La Verte? La Grise with inclusions?

Inquiring mind :rolleyes: wants to know

I tried finding info on the coticules in the vault without a report a while back, but I don't recall seeing anything about N[sup]o[/sup]48. The only "orphaned" one I found anything about was N[sup]o[/sup]27, with a comment about it having inclusions in it that would damage the edge.

It's a La Verte, very similar to n°50, just a tad slower. Somehow, I forgot publishing the results of that one. During the Coticule weekend, I noticed it sitting in a cardboard box on a shelf in Maurice's office, together with 2 or 3 other unsold hones from previous Vault batches. I found it strange to see a La Verte, because I thought they'd all found homes. I presumed that perhaps someone didn't honor his reservation, and gave it no further thought.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Bart said:
It's a La Verte, very similar to n°50, just a tad slower. Somehow, I forgot publishing the results of that one. During the Coticule weekend, I noticed it sitting in a cardboard box on a shelf in Maurice's office, together with 2 or 3 other unsold hones from previous Vault batches. I found it strange to see a La Verte, because I thought they'd all found homes. I presumed that perhaps someone didn't honor his reservation, and gave it no further thought.

Kind regards,
Bart.

As the proud owner of no50, I would highly recommend someone contacting Maurice about the availability of no48. Mine produces excellent edges. Denny

Thanks, Bart. It's gorgeous. Do you remember the price? I may need to go ahead and reserve it :p

There's another one that I'm waiting on an email about still too :lol:

richmondesi said:
Thanks, Bart. It's gorgeous. Do you remember the price? I may need to go ahead and reserve it :p

There's another one that I'm waiting on an email about still too :lol:

The price is written in pencil on the the surface: 100 EUR
Coticule048-A.jpg

If I recall well, this is a 50X200 natural combo hone, perhaps even 60X200, I'd have to check with Maurice.
It was a reduced price, because of the less than average Coticule thickness.

What's the other one you have on order?

Kind regards,
Bart.

I didn't order one, rather I emailed you a question about what that got flagged and forgotten I think. Nº49s adorable sister...

Please accept my apologies in that case, Paul.
I don't even recall such an e-mail, the situation has grown completely out of hand.
I am trying to reorganize/delegate stuff for months now, but tasks and ideas pile up faster than I can get them organized. Some drastic meassures may be in order.

Tomorrow, I'll go through the e-mails I have from you and see what I can find.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Bart said:
Please accept my apologies in that case, Paul.
I don't even recall such an e-mail, the situation has grown completely out of hand.
I am trying to reorganize/delegate stuff for months now, but tasks and ideas pile up faster than I can get them organized. Some drastic meassures may be in order.

Tomorrow, I'll go through the e-mails I have from you and see what I can find.

Kind regards,
Bart.

No worries... I know how busy you are B)

Back