ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Purple Heart

rayman

Here are some photo's of my latest creation. A F.Fenney Sheffield mounted in Purple Heart with a Turquoise with black lines wedge. This wedge material was the same material pictured in the scale project step 1 wedge list. I thought some of you might like to see what it looks like when it is actually used in a project and polished up.

Remember something about exotic colored woods, like these purples and red's. Eventually they will all turn brown. Usually this will happen within 1 year or so and sometimes faster, but it will happen.

Ray

ph1.jpg

ph2.jpg

ph3.jpg

ph4.jpg

ph5.jpg

Oh my!… another great creation… I love how the grains show at the butt end.
Fabulous Ray :w00t:

Smythe said:
Oh my!… another great creation… I love how the grains show at the butt end.
Fabulous Ray :w00t:

Agreed. I just scaled a vintage Hoffman knife in purple heart. (It had never been scaled before.) What a beautiful wood!

:love: :love: :love:
What beautiful work as always from you Sir Raymond :thumbup:
Pray tell do my old eyes deceive or is that a straight spacer and not a wedge at the toe end of these wonderful scales?
and is that oh so shiney blade also marked as Tally Ho, similar to the one owned by our own Torben?

tat2Ralfy said:
:love: :love: :love:
What beautiful work as always from you Sir Raymond :thumbup:
Pray tell do my old eyes deceive or is that a straight spacer and not a wedge at the toe end of these wonderful scales?
and is that oh so shiney blade also marked as Tally Ho, similar to the one owned by our own Torben?

Ralfy,
You are such an observent character, however, your eyes are deceiving you. The wedge had a slight imperfection in the thin edge during its making and I didn't know it until it was epoxied in and pinned. I decided to use one of my hand engravers to create an illusion along the edge, and in fact, it did work. So thanks for noticing Ralfy.

Yes that is a Tally Ho.

Ray

What a beautyfull piece of craftmanship Ray :thumbup:
And that wedge had me fooled as well..
Thanks for sharing this,a true pleasure as always.

regards gents

Back